*Tallahassee Urban Planet Meet*

97preludesh

Urban Planet Meets  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in attending a meet?

• Yes
    • No

I love these boards, but I think it would be a great idea for us to hold meets, once a month somewhere in Tallahassee so we can all get together and talk about these issues.

We could meet at FSU somewhere, and possibly be involved with the Dept. Of Urban And Regional planning at FSU so we could have a meeting space on campus......

I would like to see who would be interested in this type of meet.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like this too. If nothing more than to talk about ways to pull more people onto these boards. I think there are tons of people in Tallahassee interested in the things we talk about who have no clue we exist.

Maybe we could all get together and brainstorm ways to market UrbanPlanet{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Tallahassee to our neighbors.

I'd like this too. If nothing more than to talk about ways to pull more people onto these boards. I think there are tons of people in Tallahassee interested in the things we talk about who have no clue we exist.

Maybe we could all get together and brainstorm ways to market UrbanPlanet{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Tallahassee to our neighbors.

Yes. Now we just need to get others input and we will have ourselves a meet.

Nice suggestions..... Lets set up a meet for this month!

There really isn't much of this month left. The weekend after next is the weekend before Halloween, so I'm sure alot of people have plans. I suggest we do it either this weekend (not much notice though) or the beginning of Nov.

Next month might be better than the current. I've got alot going with mid-terms and might not have the extra time these next few weekends.

Deal... now lets pick a date.... we dont have to do it on a weekend.... a weeknight would be fine also.... but I would like us to have a firm date soon. :)

We have six people on the poll. Do the people that haven't posted anything on this thread yet have any ideas of a where and when. It would be sort of lonely with only three people... :(

My personal opinon would be we have it Saturday Nov 5 sometime in the afternoon at Black Dog. :) Sunday's are bad for me because the buses don't run out to my place and weeknights CAN be doable but I am usually pooped from work. And Saturday nights I have LARP.

I'm cool with planning for Nov 5 at Black Dog... why not try a new place.

But I would wait to see what the others are saying. So far, my count of Tallahassee Forumers on Urban Planet looks like this:

97preludesh

A.H.Johnstone

blackcoffee&bourbon

celebrated

cityboy05

csmurphy8885

doofy10

Go Gators

mstan2685

MyQueV

noleswin

psycuda

Relient J

rkelly05

rocco

scubasteve01101

seminole

slnash

stjoe

Tallaman

TaureanJ

unicorn39

Some of us are more active than others, and some of us may have moved on to other things, but I'd still wait around for a little more feedback.

But I'm cool with the location. Just don't want to nail down a date until everyone whos interested has signed on.

Agreed. I just wanted to throw out my two cents early. :)

I'm cool with planning for Nov 5 at Black Dog... why not try a new place.

But I would wait to see what the others are saying. So far, my count of Tallahassee Forumers on Urban Planet looks like this:

97preludesh

A.H.Johnstone

blackcoffee&bourbon

celebrated

cityboy05

csmurphy8885

doofy10

Go Gators

mstan2685

MyQueV

noleswin

psycuda

Relient J

rkelly05

rocco

scubasteve01101

seminole

slnash

stjoe

Tallaman

TaureanJ

unicorn39

Some of us are more active than others, and some of us may have moved on to other things, but I'd still wait around for a little more feedback.

But I'm cool with the location. Just don't want to nail down a date until everyone whos interested has signed on.

Should we bring something, like say "potluck dishes". I've never done one of these before?

If we go to Black Dog, no, because they don't allow outside food. But if we do it somewhere else, like Lake Ella, that might work.

I think we should wait until we do this a few times to see how many people show up and then do a potluck. Pot lucks suck if there isn't a good varity and amount of food.

Would I like to come? Yes...

Can I make it? No...

Sadly, it is just to long of a drive for me to make it from just outside of Atlanta all the way down there.

Though I must see the idea of meeting some of you guys does interest and perplex me.

Are we going to have an agenda, or some reason for meeting, or will this just be a "hello, nice to meet ya" event?

Probably best to make this a "Hi, nice to see you" meet. let things develop from there.

Archived