Raleigh Marriott City Center Hotel

ericurbanite

The Conceptual drawing of Marriott Hotel in raleigh has been updated and thankfully so. I like it much better than what I have been seeing. It looks alot like the progress energy building, but it also blends in well with the new convention center which is great.

Heres some pics all are from the livable streets website...

New conceptual drawing

Hotel_Perspective_Salisbury.gif

The drawing we have been seeing..

raleigh%20rendering.gif

elevations of the site, the north elevation looks alot like the new progress energy building

I very much so like the new one better. Plus theres the features that the hotel is adding too...

400 guest rooms

15,000 square feet meeting rooms including 6000 square foot ballroom

Two-story restaurant / tavern

Coffee Shop

Other retail for rent facing Fayetteville Street

Health Spa, outdoor pool

Indoor connection to Convention Center

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the new one focuses on the retail on the bottom better. Its on fayettville and the rooms of the hotel are backed off from fayeteville making the retail more noticable... just a design thing i guess. Just my opinion though i think it looks more modern, the old one looks like typical mariott airport hotel i guess. Oh well atleast were getting a building. But yea it would be nice to see some color on this

I did a bit of research into Stormont's previous work. It seems that the new design may be very similar to one that they have done on a Renaissance Hotel in Portsmouth, VA.

Here's a pic of the Virginia hotel.

Renaissance2.GIF

I found this rendering also, but there are no details on what/where this hotel it is. This is similar to the design we're seeing from Livable Streets. Compare this

Marriott%20Flag.jpg

To this (the actual):

The Conceptual drawing of Marriott Hotel  in raleigh has been updated and thankfully so.  I like it much better than what I have been seeing.  It looks alot like the progress energy building, but it also blends in well with the new convention center which is great.

Heres some pics  all are from the livable streets website...

New conceptual drawing

The drawing we have been seeing..

raleigh%20rendering.gif

elevations of the site, the north elevation looks alot like the new progress energy building

I very much so like the new one better.  Plus theres the features that the hotel is adding too...

400 guest rooms

15,000 square feet meeting rooms including 6000 square foot ballroom

Two-story restaurant / tavern

Coffee Shop

Other retail for rent facing Fayetteville Street

Health Spa, outdoor pool

Indoor connection to Convention Center

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also the design will be like the progress energy building. this is from the convention center project website.

March 15, 2005

The developer of a planned headquarters hotel for the new downtown convention center presented a schematic design plan for the four-star facility at the Raleigh City Council meeting on March 15. Appearing at the meeting were representatives of Stormont-Noble Development of Atlanta and the development company

Archived