Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mn_body_detroit_hrt

Anyone Interested?

Allan    0

Ok, I'm bumping this back up because I have a feeling that nobody saw it.

I propose that we all meetup on Friday, November 18. They are lighting the tree in C-Mart at either 8:00 or 9:00...I can't remember. Either way, it would be a fun time to meetup, socialize, etc.

Allan    0

We missed the actual tree lighting ceremony last year. If I remember correctly we were over watching the Piston's game in Pizzapaplis and lost track of the time.

The tree was beautiful though. I can't wait to see this year's up in the park.

IMG_4642.jpg

Michi    0

Well, considering I was going to go to that event anyway, I will be down there with camera and tripod in hand.

I was at the tree-lighting and park ceremony last year, and it is something I will never forget. Though I don't have any family in Detroit, I felt like I did that night last year. It's a very comforting atmosphere, so I wouldn't miss it this year. :)

Allan    0

I should add that there are three more forum lurkers that have told me that they are in for the meet. So by my count we have 9. :)

wolverine    0

We are six days away from this meetup. I think we should have more discussion about it. I'm willing to go, but I don't have a car, although I have plenty of friends who have cars, i'm not sure what their plans are for Friday, so I kind of need to know.

Last year this even was a ton of fun, and an excellent opportunity for taking pictures.

Oh, and I want to eat at Pizzapapalis damnit.

Hey Aaron, do you have a car this year?

Allan    0

So what time should we meetup? I am always in the city from about 11:00am until close to midnight on Fridays, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Allan    0

Does Pizzapaplis take reservations? I can see us having about 15 people for dinner, and I don't want to wait 2 hours for a table.

wolverine    0

Allan, they allow you to order ahead in advance and get served the pizza immediately when you get there. I can also get us all 10% off if we put everything on one bill.

Allan    0

Does anyone know what time they are actually lighting the tree? I say we stick around in C-Mart for the lighting & then head to Pizzapaplis.

It might be best to meet in the Guardian Building or something else close by C-Mart so that we will be able to find the other forumers.

statedude3    0

Does anyone know what time they are actually lighting the tree? I say we stick around in C-Mart for the lighting & then head to Pizzapaplis.

It might be best to meet in the Guardian Building or something else close by C-Mart so that we will be able to find the other forumers.

According to the .pdf on the c-mart website, it appears that the lighting will be sometime between 7:30 and 9, but it doesnt give any specifics.

Zissou    0

Sorry guys I was just informed that i have to work friday night. Hopefully we will be able to do something like this again in the near future.