Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironchapman

Awesome new developments at Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l

ironchapman    1

According to this article (from Japan Today), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd has received $190 USD to build a passenger transport system at Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l. It would be 2.4 KM long (~1.5 mi.) and would connect the terminal concourse building with a rental car facility via a convention center.

Sounds like another great new development for our airport.

Newnan_Eric    0

This is just one part of the overall Harstfield Master Plan. The major components include:

New Fifth Runway - Slated for 2006 completion

Consolidated Rental Car Facility

Maynard Jackson International Terminal (and East portal to the airport)

New South Terminal

Central Passenger Terminal Enhancements

Andrea    0

This looks good, but what does this mean for Hartsfield-Jackson?
I think the Consolidated Rental Car Facility (CONRAC) will be a major improvement for the airport. Because the people mover from the terminal to the CONRAC facility will also include a stop at the convention center, there has been speculation that it may spur additional hotel development in that area.

See Article

Lady Celeste    58

I think the Consolidated Rental Car Facility (CONRAC) will be a major improvement for the airport. Because the people mover from the terminal to the CONRAC facility will also include a stop at the convention center, there has been speculation that it may spur additional hotel development in that area.

See Article

This will be a definite benefit. Hartsfield-Jackson is definitely becoming better and better.

ironchapman    1

Great news! The airport is now rolling out wifi internet! There will be 150 access points spread throughout the terminal which will mean that every square inch of the terminal's 5.8 million square feet will be connected. Theairport will now be, forall intents and pruposes, one big "hot spot".

Check it out!

GaTechGuy    0

This has been on the Airport's Master Plan for a while (See my post above). I wonder why it is being singled out for a news article now?

I think because the airport just put out a press release about it.

Andrea    0
I think because the airport just put out a press release about it.
Yes, I saw it in your post, Eric, and assumed the same thing GTG did. My guess is that they are preparing to move forward and want to drum up some support. If they're realistically planning on having this online by 2011, then it's time to get cracking.

Lady Celeste    58

While we are talking about awesome news coming from Hartsfield-Jackson,

Passenger traffic is up yet again this year. Through October 2005, Hartsfield-Jackson has seen 72,360,529 passengers get on or off a plane. This is a 3.86% over 2004 numbers. Last year's Jan-Oct numbers were 69,668,367. Great news. With continued improvement, Hartsfield-Jackson will not only remain the world's busiest airport but it will also become a more efficient and pleasant place to be.

Just for those who like to see the numbers.....like me:

Hartsfield-Jackson's numbers on the rise.