What Lots would you like to see developed in Nashville

smeagolsfree

The Demonbreun site is in some sort of legal tangle with Shoney's Inn. Guess we'll hear something about that sometime. The plans, intitially, took the form of a $100 million mixed use, but that was some time ago. The land is extremely valuable. Hope it doesn't sit too long, though.

The Hampton owns the land next to its nice suites hotel on Elliston. Perhaps a future expansion, or some other plans.

Gee, so much land, so much to look foward to over the years.....

tidbit of local trivia here.... The fireplace in the lobby of the Hampton is made from the bricks of the original school building.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tidbit of local trivia here.... The fireplace in the lobby of the Hampton is made from the bricks of the original school building.

Unfortunately, the rest of the building is made of F-ugly stucco-like stuff that they build so many of their disposable buildings from. I used to stay there when I had business in NSH, but I changed over to the Courtyard and Loews. I don't have anything against Hampton Inns, but they look so cheaply built. Probably because they are.

When I was at Vandy, I remember a report in the old Banner that said Ross Perot Jr. (A Vandy grad himself) was looking at that whole property. I'm guessing that this was around 1990 or 91.

Archived