Royal Court

graydog

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the big deal. It's not the worst building in the city by a longshot.

The side facing I-277 doesn't look too bad, especially where the trees hide the parking deck, but the backside and the brickless sides (as seen in the construction webcam) are underwhelming.

The side facing I-277 doesn't look too bad, especially where the trees hide the parking deck, but the backside and the brickless sides (as seen in the construction webcam) are underwhelming.

Exactly. We got MUCH less brick on the sides and back than was promised in the rendering. I don't have a huge complaint about the side facing I-277, particularly since we got what was in the rendering for that side. From the backside it looks like a cheap suburban hotel though:

3346945224_ec157e64ba_b.jpg

I think it is just down for service, If they had shut it down completely it would have been it listed on the top as "archived" with is traditional with Oxblue.

Maybe they've been reading the criticisms here and decided to shut it down. :P

I know all to well how these things go, render it up, draw it up, start making cuts, and the next thing you know you have a weak project. I certainly like this project better than many others across the landscape, It's a shame to because it has a lot of merit to be much better.

I think it is just down for service, If they had shut it down completely it would have been it listed on the top as "archived" with is traditional with Oxblue.

I hope that's the case. I remember it going down for 2 weeks back in the summer due to a lightning strike. And seeing how Royal Court is basically finished, my thinking is that it won't be up much longer even if it does come back on line.

Here's what was promised:

post-a2158-royal-court-original1.jpg

And here's what we got:

thai002.jpg

I looked at these images together, and I still can't put my finger on it. Many of us agreed that the conceptual drawings showed a lot of promise. But the final product is anything but groundbreaking. It's just not pleasant to look at. :unsure:

But I've looked and looked---and I must say the final result looks remarkably close to the original drawings. The building looks like the drawing. The drawing looked good, but the building doesn't. ??????

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

CBJ reports that a new owner (Succession Capital) has taken possession of the remaining units here and will reprice. Three units will close this month.

Price cuts here and at Southborough suggest that condos may be starting to move again thanks to new pricing.

Archived