Royal Court

graydog

There are other excellent city views for less (MStreet for one) for about $100 less/SF. Plus RC has no greenway and is not really walking distance to Uptown. I love the building but it's a bit over-priced. They are leveraging the pent-up demand. I don't see much appreciation here.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Sometime in May according to the info I gathered at the Open House last weekend. They are definately building it. I actually was wanting to buy one of the units. I told myself if I moved Uptown I wanted to be in one of the towers just outside the 277 loop for the"ultimate" skyline effect. It will have to be one of the best views of the CLT skyline IMO.

It truly is an incredible angle. You will also have nice views of Elizabeth/Mid-Town area. Not to mention the beautiful tree canopy covering the Dilworth and MP neighborhoods.

All in all I love this project. My only gripe is that it won't be quite as tall as I would like.

Currently I am really seeking out the Elizabeth neighborhood for a house. I love the "feel" of the area. I think the neighborhood blends the look of a Dilworth streetscape and artistic undertones of a Central Ave or NoDa. For me that is the perfect Urban enclave.

Currently I am really seeking out the Elizabeth neighborhood for a house. I love the feel" of the area. I think the neighborhood blends the look of a Dilworth streetscape and artistic undertones of a Central Ave or NoDa. For me that is the perfect Urban enclave.

Not to threadjack, but I agree completely. It's a near perfect mixture of the two adjacent neighborhoods.

I like how Royal Court looks but I don't like the foor plans for the 2BD. How easy/difficult is it to walk to uptown from the RC?

It's about 1.5 miles to Trade/Tryon walking, so 20 minutes or so. Once they build the Euclid/Davidson bridge, that will shave off a good 5 minutes. The walk itself is pretty easy, or will be once again once the LRT pedestrian bridge reopens over 277.

Well, the walking isn't so bad, and it will only get better.

Basically you just walk down Morehead, which has beautful tree canopy. It is ~4 blocks to South Blvd, where new pedestrian infrastructure will go, ~5 blocks from the Trolley/LRT line, where a new pedestrian bridge will go, and ~6 blocks to College Street, where a sidewalk crossing takes you to the Westin.

In the very distant future, there are also plans to connect Euclid to Davidson, so it will be easier to cross to 2nd Ward. That doesn't mean much now, when 2nd Ward is empty, but will mean a lot more when the neighborhood fills in.

Something that might be forgotten, too, is that Royal Court is also only ~5 blocks walk through a park to the Midtown Square redevelopment.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if that is a ploy to drive urgency in the sales process. "This project is selling out so fast, we are considering adding floors". I'm not sure though, I haven't heard anything.

Well...they just got their rezoning last week that only allowed for 135'.....it they go for 15 stories there must be some untapped demand in the dwarf market.

• 4 weeks later...

A couple more renderings for Royal Court can be found at Merriman Associates website.

http://www.merriman-maa.com/

Look under Portfolio --> Architecture --> Urbanhousing Mixed Use

Very Nice Rederings Eastsider. I think I like it better now. Still wish it were a bit taller, but I love the locaton and the incredible view.

Thanks again for the link :thumbsup:

A2

I'm very disapointed very very disapointed.

how did this

post-1742-1146449775_thumb.jpg

become this

post-1742-1146449820_thumb.jpg

can someone explain when this happened, because i am pissed, this looks like crap now, I loved the design before, when was this changed, this isn't the rendering on the website, the first one is the rendering form the official website, the second one is from the architects website

I'm very disapointed very very disapointed.

can someone explain when this happened, because i am pissed, this looks like crap now, I loved the design before, when was this changed, this isn't the rendering on the website, the first one is the rendering form the official website, the second one is from the architects website

When I saw that I thought it was just an older version. They sold many more floors, so I wouldn't worry that the building has shrunk. I bet it was supposed to be that short originally and they made it taller later.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived