Royal Court

graydog

Agreed...this is similar to what happened to the Myrtle Beach market. All of the hotels that used to be rentals are now converted into condos because the market supports the sales. Now that the market there has cooled down so much, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these condos being recoverted back into hotel rentals.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three weeks and no new posts and no new info. Has anyone heard anything about RC. I have called, and all I get is that it is still a go. To me it is dead until I see construction start. This project was supposed to have started 3rd Quarter last year. I know with many projects there are delays, but from all of the resounding positives I have heard from the agents selling the units, you would have thought it would have started by now. What gives???!!! :dontknow:

A2

A2 got his "Commie Star" :camera:

Woo hoo!!!! I did not know what you meant at first, but then realized I am a Town. Yippee!!! (I guess :P )

I would first like to thank UP for making this all possible, for without it I would have no star. I would also like to thank my fellow friends and family for their continued support of my role as an Urban Junky, as well as all of the staff including metro and Neo for without them none of this would be possible. Another round of thanks is due to all of the hard-working moderators who have cleaned my mouth out with soap (or at least my typing) and kept me on for this long, as many times it seemed as though my remarks would have had me banned many moons ago. And last ,but not least, I would like to thank all of my beloved phalic symbols that point towards heaven, for without them none of this would be possible.

Thank you all, and God bless...

:P

Well, since you asked, they are on their second round of foundation permitting, with things looking close to it being fully approved.

They also applied for structural frame permits on March 1st.

Ye of little faith.

LOL, I appreciate you doing the digging atlrvr. I owe you one when you are back in town for all the info you plug into this site. I surely hope this does get approved and started fast. As I have stated before, it is actually one I would not mind buying into.

A2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so i went in there to discuss buying a condo and the hoa fees are 33 cents on the square foot (or there about) craziness! the amenities are rather week - the fitness room will have one nautilus machine and 2 treadmills. if im paying 330 bucks a month on a 1000sf apt, i better get something out of the deal. fifth and poplar charges a similar amount and they offer lots of amenities. me thinks this is another way the developer makes $$$

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What is going on with this site? They put some equipment in a few months back then stopped. I drove by this weekend and weeds were already growing in the fresh turned dirt... anyone have the scoop?

Last time I went by the site there was no activity either. Not sure what the hold up is. I do enjoy their teaser sign though with Trump and the View being mentioned.

What is going on with this site? They put some equipment in a few months back then stopped. I drove by this weekend and weeds were already growing in the fresh turned dirt... anyone have the scoop?

They have decided to do a sustainable fuel corn field on site. The developer felt like there were too many towers going up right now and the soil tested well for nutrients. I think the Epicurean site will be used for this as well.

They have decided to do a sustainable fuel corn field on site. The developer felt like there were too many towers going up right now and the soil tested well for nutrients. I think the Epicurean site will be used for this as well.

So the Royal Court royally is no longer?

:lol::lol::lol:

Classic

I heard Donald Trump might be going this route too. Ethanol is the future!

So the Royal Court royally is no longer?

Nah, I don't think so. They just recently added a couple more units to the MLS. I think they are going the route of The Park, The Garrison, Vue...delays. But I can't be sure, I don't know anyone involved in this project.

Sorry, just had to get out a smart-*ss moment ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Any updates on this project? The only progress I've seen is a fence installed around the site and an empty construction trailer.

I went by the site this evening to see if I could find anything, and I don't know if this has been up and this is old/repetitive information, but there is a seperate sign advertising for a new sales center across the street at 610 E. Morehead St. The site itself seems to still be at the same point that it has been. I have 4 pics here... http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/A...20Court%20Site/

On a sidenote, I really enjoy this site for a building, just because it isn't flat and looks a bit more challenging to develop here. The views are spectacular here, too... I hope this gets built.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a full-page ad in this week's Creative Loafing that says "Construction is Underway, Move in '08" (page 55). Did they just start this week or is this just misleading?

Even if they started today and didn't take a break for weekends, holidays, or weather there is no way to be in this building in '08. I wonder if it was intentionally misleading or if they sent the wrong (older) ad to CL?

Archived