St Paul's Place Condominiums (NEW)

juancapitalcitydc

St Paul's Place Condominiums

Freemason Street and St. Paul?s Blvd

Norfolk, VA

A combination of flats and lofts, this will be the first major new residential project in the downtown area east of Monticello Avenue. The project features 90 one and two bedroom condominium units prices ranging from $180,000-$330,000.

I found this info at http://www.downtownnorfolk.org/residential_real_estate.shtml

I tried to call her with no answer.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Paul's Place Condominiums

Freemason Street and St. Paul?s Blvd

Norfolk, VA

A combination of flats and lofts, this will be the first major new residential project in the downtown area east of Monticello Avenue. The project features 90 one and two bedroom condominium units prices ranging from $180,000-$330,000.

I found this info at http://www.downtownnorfolk.org/residential_real_estate.shtml

I tried to call her with no answer.

Yeah, I've already got this in the projects listing, it's been under construction for sometime now. Don't know if we've made a thread for it yet though, i'll have to check.

Yep, same place. They're actually pretty far along on it too and I believe they're sold out but don't quote me on that.

St. Paul's Place Lofts:

stpaulsplace5hh.jpg

St. Paul's Place Flats:

stpaulsplaceflats7uh.jpg

St. Paul's Place Map

stpaulsplacelayout8ut.jpg

StPaulsLoftsback.jpg

I'll try to get out and take some pics tommorrow.

I like the lofts a lot!

The design of the flats isn't bad, but do you guys think that sloped-roof "houses" with front yards are appropriate for Freemason Street? You can see the parking deck of MacArthur Center looming over them. They just seem out of place.

I like the lofts a lot!

The design of the flats isn't bad, but do you guys think that sloped-roof "houses" with front yards are appropriate for Freemason Street? You can see the parking deck of MacArthur Center looming over them. They just seem out of place.

Honestly, i'm not sure. When I first saw the renderings a while back I thought they were upscale row houses kinda like you see in D.C. Upon closer inspection though you're right, they are standalone houses. That being said, anything that can bring more middle income residents back into the core city is of some benefit, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :unsure:

I have walked down that area of Freemason in the past month and the units look good. Although the garage being right behind them is a little odd, the street has charm to it and it did not feel odd to me. You just cannot beat the convenient downtown location and being so close to MacArthur Mall and Chrysler Hall and Granby St., etc.

I have walked down that area of Freemason in the past month and the units look good. Although the garage being right behind them is a little odd, the street has charm to it and it did not feel odd to me. You just cannot beat the convenient downtown location and being so close to MacArthur Mall and Chrysler Hall and Granby St., etc.

I think that with two historic houses and the reception center on Freemason st, these new houses are the only thing that would fit between them.

That area is kind of neat. I drove behind the units and there was quite a bit of curb appeal, at least to the surrounding structures. Right now they are some single businesses located on the south side of the street. They kind of look like homes but are actually businesses.

I don't suppose that they will be demolishing the projects yet? I would think that would be a priority for revitalizing this area.

Well I have heard for a couple years now that they have planned on knocking them down to make room for DT to expand to Tidewater Drive. Now that the 20 story apt. complex is going up at church st. I see them coming down in the next couple years.

I dont know how soon that they will bring down the projects but eventuall they will have to go. I have been told that the two housing projects that they tore down on princess anne road is still under founded and they have asked the city to invest a couple of more millions for the development. And also that people have gotten into big trouble in the housing authority department because they were not suppose to tear down both of those projects at the same time because 1000s of families were displaced and there was not enough low income housing to go around and place them in. Therefor families had to go stay with family and friends until they could find the right place for them! So when considering tearing down the projects the city is going to make sure that they have somewhere to place the residents of the projects so they want be out in the streets.

Surely the city could help low income people who live in the projects file for section 8.

It's better than concentrating low income people in one place. With section 8, they still have the government subsity for housing, but they are living with middle income people. In turn, giving them the chance to better themselves.

Housing projects are a relic of the mid 20th century. They didn't work then and they don't work now.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived