The Rotunda Building conversion

juancapitalcitydc

The Rotunda Building is going to be converted into luxury condominiums. I'm not sure I know what building they are talking about. Does anyone have a picture to share? The rendering looks awesome and I like the idea of a cylindercal residential building, reminiscent of Marina City, Chicago.

Check the website out. Lets stay on top of this project!

http://www.norfolkrotunda.com/index.html

rotundaforwermerssite.jpg

"An extraordinary new addition is coming to the landscape of downtown Norfolk! Taking an eye-sore to an icon, The Rotunda building in the heart of downtown Norfolk is getting an extreme makeover! Renovations are planned inside and out, to create one of the most unique and exciting new places to call home!

An unparalleled opportunity for vibrant urban life, here, in Hampton Roads, The Rotunda will feature loft-style condominiums and stunning views, from the Norfolk skyline and historic churches to the Freemason district and working harbor!"

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Rotunda condo combined with the St. Paul's Place develoment is breaking new ground by taking residential to that part of downtown. It appears like it is all well received, as I understand there are only 9 units left in the entire St. Paul'S project. Not sure how the Rotunda is doing, but it appears to be a first class and very unqiue living option with some great views of downtown. That is really encouraging and should be a positive sign as the city mulls over redevelopment options for the old Downtown Plaza and unltimately considers what to do all the way to Tidewater Drive one day.

The new Rotunda building will be more than a condominium. It has style and architectural distinction. It may spark creative architecture, landmarks and innovation in the region. We don't need anymore towering boxes. We need landmarks like Granby Tower, and perhaps The Rotunda building. Our skyline will have a personality all its own.

The new Rotunda building will be more than a condominium. It has style and architectural distinction. It may spark creative architecture, landmarks and innovation in the region. We don't need anymore towering boxes. We need landmarks like Granby Tower, and perhaps The Rotunda building. Our skyline will have a personality all its own.

very well said. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so, there isn't any more room around it! :(

Are you familiar with demolision? What's around The New Rotunda Building can come down with the pull of a lever. Most of Norfolk's downtown towers required demolition to be built. Some towers in New York City and Chicago are 3rd and 4th generation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived