The Rotunda Building conversion

juancapitalcitydc

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should use shaped charge explosives. Then the slabs could be removed quicker, and it would be more entertaining to onlookers.

Did anyone else here watch the demolition of the ?SMA? tower in Downtown Norfolk? It was demolished to make room for MacArthur center.

Yeah, I remember getting up early on a COLD morning and going to the Downtown Plaza to see that back in (1997?). It was pretty cool. The dust took quite sometime to settle.

The skin is just about off the entire building, they finally got the side of the building closest to St Pauls Blvd, closing down one lane to put the crane for assistance. When i came to work there had two rows of slabs left, so they should have finished either today or tomorrow. Either way, the exterior work is just about finished! I also saw interior work trucks on the lot today, plumbing and electrical! Coming along nicely!

• 4 weeks later...
At a meeting of the Downtown Norfolk Council membersip this morning, Norfolk Director of Development Rod Woolard reported that 41 of 66 units are under contract. These are official contracts, not letters of intent to "maybe" buy. He stated this in reporting that there is still strong demand for downtown living.

At a meeting of the Downtown Norfolk Council membersip this morning, Norfolk Director of Development Rod Woolard reported that 41 of 66 units are under contract. These are official contracts, not letters of intent to "maybe" buy. He stated this in reporting that there is still strong demand for downtown living.

Archived