Talkin Trash

Florida

I'm signing up for the Scout program pronto and since you FF live in my 'hood expect to see a note on your door for leaving your full trash cans out in the street. :P j/k

Seriously, I like the idea of the scout program, after-all I am an Eagle Scout. I'll go w/you for the training FL, just tell me when and where.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see wheres my receipt... (Shuffles around desk)

Ahhh here it is,

"TD thank you for your purchase of 200 Crape Myrtles from ProLawn.com"

As soon as i get them I will install 2 at poonthers house for free.

Then plant them in the medians as a good grace thing for all of Tallahassee to enjoy.

full Glory winter mode!? That wouldn't look so great!

I seriously can't wait to go through the training to be a neighborhood scout... I saw so many trashcans out at the road this morning... the ones that seem to be out at the road all the time... I'd love to "sticker" them!

Cleanest Cities

Want to live where the air is sweet, the water is pure and the streets are clean? Try the country. But what if you don't like the sticks? Then try Florida.

Led by Miami, the Sunshine State dominates our 2008 list of America's Cleanest Cities with four metro areas in the top 10--Jacksonville (No. 3), Orlando (No. 4) and Tampa-St. Petersburg (No. 8) all make appearances. Clearly, a state that relies so heavily on tourism and part-time snow-bird residents knows the value of keeping itself spruced up for company.

Source: Forbes

-------------------------------------------------

Good for our sibling cities but this is embarrassing for us.

It doesn't appear to have had anything to do with how clean the actual streets are.

To determine the cleanest major cities in the U.S., we initially measured the rankings for air pollution and ozone levels among all 49 U.S. metro areas with populations exceeding 1 million, using data from the American Lung Association. After eliminating those areas that ranked poorest in air quality, we measured the remaining 29 cities on the additional but less-weighted factors of water quality and per-capita spending on Superfund site cleanup and solid-waste management. From this list, we drew our top 10.

Obviously, due to size, Tallahassee didn't have any dog in this fight.

Archived