What's going on in New Orleans

NCB

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was expecting the election would be postponed for a couple of months, but not eight months.

I think they need to reconsider the length of the postponement. I clearly understand the lack of voter's and poll machines and poll workers in the area, and whythe elections needed to be postponed, but I dont agree with the N.O. mayoral elections being held in November '06.

Yeah that's not good. I guess some of those people are just frustrated with FEMA. They've been displaced, and I'm sure they could share some FEMA horror stories. And angr comments made to Corp of Engineers officials is not suprising either. These people's homes are gone due to the engineering mistakes of that agency. I don't condone their behavior, but I can't say I'm suprised by it.

I don't condone their behavior, but I can't say I'm suprised by it.

Yeah, I think that everyone understands where these people are coming from. If I lived in the lower 9th, I be just as mad as most of the residents are now.

Now this one is interesting..

Blanco's office scrambled to spin Katrina

E-mails detail effort to ensure feds took blame for slow response

Article

E-mails turned over by the state to the congressional committees investigating the hurricane response show that the governor's senior staff was deeply involved in trying to preserve the governor's political standing and make sure that the White House was blamed for the slow pace of the initial response.

Bye Bye Blanco....A New Musical?

We might just have a new song on our hands as well "Goodnight Blanco, Hello Jindal" ;)

This just adds to the idea's that Blanco will resign and so on.

And something tells me that these e-mail's will not have a very positve effect on her 20% Louisiana approval ratings.

Displaced? Set up across the lake

St. Tammany keeps businesses in region

Article

There's a shortage of "Class A office space" in the parish, Reine said. "But we have developers looking at that need."

Can you say, new office towers around Saint Tammany? :D

Texas evacuees homesick for New Orleans

Many complain that Houston is too big

Article

Indeed, some residents acknowledge that life is better in Houston, with secure jobs, high-quality schools and a fraction of the violent crime that recently seemed to seep into New Orleans

A lot of good detailed info NCB. The article on Kobe was nice to see too. You'd hope it won't take a decade for New Orleans to recover but it still does give hope. Hopefully all this talk of the government purposely blowing up the levee system try to diplace the black neighborhoods won't hinder the healing process.

A lot of good detailed info NCB.

Thanks Mith, I really appreciate that.

I think the Louisiana forum will be very busy starting in the next few weeks, as major developments are being proposed, approved, and planned all over southeast Louisiana.

Thanks Mith, I really appreciate that.

I think the Louisiana forum will be very busy starting in the next few weeks, as major developments are being proposed, approved, and planned all over southeast Louisiana.

That will really help. I think we've actually slowed a little over on the Arkansas forum at the moment. Doesn't seem to be a lot of news of developments out this time of year. I'll be looking forward to seeing what developments will be going on down there. :D

Archived