Suprise Cantidate to enter Mayorial Race in '06

TSmith

Was listening to some political analyst yesterday on 870am in New Orleans. Wish I could remember his name. But anyway, he said that the suprise cantdate could be Mitch Landrieu, now lieutenant governor. Now, I really like Ray Nagin, but Mitch could be a great mayor. Any opinions?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He would definitely have a chance at winning, IMO. We'll see how this unfolds. It's going to be a very interesting election and the political climate of New Orleans could drastically change. The candidates overall message will decide who wins this election, not necessarily race, alone, as has been a deciding factor in mayor elections in New Orleans for the last 25 years...

I heard something about this on 870am today. I only caught the tail end of the statement, but it was about Mitch Landrieu possibly entering the '06 mayorial election, so this is obviously something thats starting to get more and more news coverage.

Archived