Bad Charlotte Restaurant Experiences

Norm2

I had a horrible experience with Rira's this weekend. Friend of mine made us a reservation to eat there and then we were going to go to the blumenthal to see a show, he bought us tickets. Anyway, so I went to the restraunt and told them i was there to see my friend who made a reservation, and they told me that no one showed up for that reservation. Apparently my friend WAS there, the hostess was dumb, and I missed dinner AND a show, and my friend wasted his $. Also back in january when it snowed this year, we ate at Rira's and my friend was going to see a show that night as well. The waitress told him the show was cenceled because of the weather, so we ate dinner a bit longer. When he went to the Blumenthal to ask about the cancelation, turned out it was canceled and he missed the first act of it. my over rating of this place.....the staff is very friendly, but are dumb and VERY mis-informed. Food also gave me the sh*tz. I dont recommend this place.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not one for eating in upscale restaurants, but here are a few from me.

• I was having dinner once at El Cancun bit down on a piece of rusted steel. This was in the late 80s at the one across from Cricket Arena.

• I was at the Olive Garden last year at Concord Mills for lunch and bit down on part of a metal mesh. Apparently this was used to cook the pizzia I was having.

• I was at the Great Wall of China once (closed now) and paid for this big dinner, Imperial War Bar, with a credit card. Apparently the receipt blew off the table and they thought we left without paying, so this chinese guy comes running out the back of the building waving a clever. haha. Got a free dinner out of that one, but we did not go back.

• I was having dinner in one of those meat & three places (don't remember which one now) and this guy walks in with this girl and sits at a booth. Well apparently his girlfriend was the waitress and he was making a statement by bringing in this other girl. BAMMM! She knocks him on the side of the head with a full picture of tea, and that sweet tea went all over my party and our food. hahaha. Got an offer of a free dinner out of that one and this time we did go back.

I have found the best service and best food are found at family owned and operated restaurants where the family cares about the customer. The oppsite of that are the chain restaurants, and upscale places that hire bored, entitlement minded, college students who really don't care about anything. And while there are many good restaurants in Charlotte, its surprising how many really nice places make this mistake and piss off their customers with bad service. My pet peeve, bringing out cold food and not keeping the glasses filled.

[*]I was at the Great Wall of China once (closed now) and paid for this big dinner, Imperial War Bar, with a credit card. Apparently the receipt blew off the table and they thought we left without paying, so this chinese guy comes running out the back of the building waving a clever. haha. Got a free dinner out of that one, but we did not go back.

I've known people to get sick from this place.. including some family members of mine

[*]I was at the Great Wall of China once (closed now) and paid for this big dinner, Imperial War Bar, with a credit card. Apparently the receipt blew off the table and they thought we left without paying, so this chinese guy comes running out the back of the building waving a clever. haha. Got a free dinner out of that one, but we did not go back.

:rofl:

I totally needed that, mondays blow.

I have found the best service and best food are found at family owned and operated restaurants where the family cares about the customer. The oppsite of that are the chain restaurants, and upscale places that hire bored, entitlement minded, college students who really don't care about anything. And while there are many good restaurants in Charlotte, its surprising how many really nice places make this mistake and piss off their customers with bad service. My pet peeve, bringing out cold food and not keeping the glasses filled.

I agree 100%.

Are you talking about the old one in that hotel complex NW of Uptown?

Archived