Welaunee Plantation Development

Florida

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a tad more:

Still in development, the land plan calls for extensive parks, civic gathering places, commercial space and a diverse mix of housing with a unique architectural style representing a fresh, updated interpretation of new urbanism. The core of the community will celebrate the property

• 2 months later...

Looks like they are starting to begin the slow process of development out at Welaunee. The following is in for Pre-App w/COT on 4.16.07

(Pre-Application)

TPA070031 (11-14-20-405-0000 and 11-15-20-405-0000)

COORDINATOR: Northeast Team (891-7100)

The proposed project is for the development of 1,258 residential dwelling units and for 162,927 square feet of commercial/office space. The subject project is located on 509 acres on the south side of Centerville Road, in the east

Not an update on the Welaunee neighborhood, but they have started major clearing work for the school. All of the land that the school will be built on has been cleard in the past three days. They are now starting to shift dirt around.

I might be wrong, but I believe no schools in Leon County are to be named after a person-- Chiles was so named as an exception because our governor had just died. For some reason I thought the school was going to be named in line with the Welaunee theme; I may be wrong though.

I believe the school is set to open a year from this fall.

I might be wrong, but I believe no schools in Leon County are to be named after a person-- Chiles was so named as an exception because our governor had just died. For some reason I thought the school was going to be named in line with the Welaunee theme; I may be wrong though.

I believe the school is set to open a year from this fall.

I meant that right before building Chiles, I thought I remember hearing they decided on no more schools named after people-- I might be wrong though.

SPC-- he did not mention Chiles because I had mentioned it in my post, I think.

Finally, I did not find out the name today because I have been sick and was not out there.

I meant that right before building Chiles, I thought I remember hearing they decided on no more schools named after people-- I might be wrong though.

SPC-- he did not mention Chiles because I had mentioned it in my post, I think.

Finally, I did not find out the name today because I have been sick and was not out there.

I recall this too laneyj34! If my memory serves me right, I think they made a special exception for the naming of Chiles.

Also Leonard Wesson as a Tally Public School is no more. It's now just part of Bond. Is Bond named after someone? Last I heard they wanted Wesson to become another senior center since the only one at the old armory is running out of room.

Archived