Welaunee Plantation Development

Florida

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They did, the Adult Education Center out by TCC if my old memory serves me correctly. I also thought about the "no people names for schools" when that renaming occurred. However Mr. G. definitely deserved that honor IMHO.

• 2 months later...

Development approved!!

City Commission OKs 508-acre district

Posted online in today's Democrat.

"One of the last large tracts of land in eastern Tallahassee is on its way to being developed, after Tallahassee city commissioners authorized the creation of a Community Development District for 508 acres of the Welaunee Plantation." For the full story:Development approved! Way to go city commissioners! :thumbsup:

Was that a random question at the end Murphy? Bonds in terms of financing projects? All the time.

In this particular phase of Welaunee we're looking at possibly 1500 Homes, and I assume a good bit of commercial. It will do well. I've long felt the Capital Region, specifically Tallahassee, needs to be more agressive about capturing some of the growth coming into Florida. The people who are moving into the state are quality individuals who deserve more than South and Central Florida as options when looking at Florida. It seems we have an incredible amount of new housing in the works, but when you consider the way it is being done... I think everything is developing quite nicely.

We need the development along the interstate to alert the passing travelers that there is "life out there". We could use the additional revenues to help us pay for our infrastructure enhancements and schools.

• 1 month later...

^ Glad you will be able to make the meeting tonight, TJ. I'm anxious to know what plans they have for those 258 beautiful acres. Give us an update later tonight when you can.

Edited to add: Er...I mean tomorrow (Tuesday) night, TJ. :blush:

No G, it's Tuesday night 4 to 7pm @ Holy Comforter.

Here's an article from Sunday's paper:

Welaunee Developers want to be Good Patrons of the land. We should be lucky we have developers that think and build like this. This is what you want when it comes to growth IMHO. Of course the NIMBY's will never see it this way.......

^ Wow! I'm usually a day behind...not a day ahead! :P Thanks for the setting me straight on the correct meeting day poonther!

In looking at the property appraisers website, It appears CNL is developing the Southern side, closest to Miccosukee, of the Mettler property & Powerhouse/Mettler partnership still owns, and I assume, will develop the Northern side closest to Centerville. Then there is still that piece up in the NE corner that doesn't show any proposed roads on it yet.

Edited to add: After reading the article (thanks for the link poonther) it sounds as though CNL will indeed be developing all of the property, not just the 258 acres they own.

Yeah G, that was my understanding too about CNL which if I recall is run by the old head of St. Joe, T. Edmund. Based on the knowledge he learned from them, this should be a project to be proud of.

I'd really like to know if Welanuee Blvd. will still be extended all the way to I-10 w/an exit. And if so, when do they think this will occur???

There was a discouraging piece in the paper about a week ago about some "guy" closely tied to the transportation planning agency saying there are no plans at this time to add any exits to I-10 through Tallahassee. I think we discussed this previously, but no mention was given to whether or not one was in the planning stages for Welaunee. This has been the plan since the inception of the plan years ago.

As far as CNL is concerned, I think they own ~508 or so not the 258 I'm seeing above. But I may need to check this. The total Welaunee Project is believed to consist of over 4,000 acres.

• 6 months later...

UPdate {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Maps

Here are some project maps for the Welaunee Plantation Development. Each image is a thumbnail, click each for larger view.

Location Map:

Location_Map.jpg

Existing Land-Use Map:

Existing_Land_Use.jpg

Project Context:

Project_Context.jpg

Site Activity:

Site_Activity.jpg

Site Aerial:

Site_Aerial.jpg

Future Land Use:

Future_Land_Use.jpg

Opportunities & Constraints

Toe_Aerial2.jpg

Heel_Aerial2.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hey yall I don't post a whole lot but I wanted to see what else anyone knew about how Welaunee is developing. It's been quiet on the boards here for a while. For a good reason too, there's nothing going on.

Below is a link to a zip file which contains some of the pictures from the work they are doing off of dempsey mayo and miccosukee. As you can see they haven't done much.

If anyone can tell me how to post them here or can just post them I"d appreciate it.

Let me know if yall have any other information.

Hey yall I don't post a whole lot but I wanted to see what else anyone knew about how Welaunee is developing. It's been quiet on the boards here for a while. For a good reason too, there's nothing going on.

Below is a link to a zip file which contains some of the pictures from the work they are doing off of dempsey mayo and miccosukee. As you can see they haven't done much.

If anyone can tell me how to post them here or can just post them I"d appreciate it.

Let me know if yall have any other information.

Archived