What do you think about South Carolina?

GvilleSC

I talked to numerous of people from other states, and i lived in D.C. more than 7yrs. Most people have a hard time giving sc and nc their own different idenities. They seem to think they are the same; they all say Carolina or the Carolinas. Now if you say Alabama, Missississippi, Ark. etc majority of the people think about endless undeveloped land , and people living on dirt roads. So people really don't look at n.c. and s.c. being that different. People know Charlotte exists but it's really a regional thing!! When most people think about cities in the south they usually say ATL, Miami, or Houston not to step on anyone's toes. Yes, the majority of people heard of Nashville, Memphis, Charlotte, Orlando. But when you think about the big cities in the south you will always hear ATL, Miami, or Houston. Sometimes New Orleans pops up!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll second the Bob Jones University comment. That, the confederate flag debacle and resulting boycott and strom thurmond. Also Clemson. I applied to Clemson but opted for U. Florida instead.

Then I remember there's another side and remember the coastal islands, charleston and the gullah culture.

"Summertime, and the living is easy"

That pretty much sums it up.

Archived