Could this be Tony Giarratana's next move?

smeagolsfree

There is a link from the Novare web site to a new Hotel concept chain they are developing in Atlanta. It would be a logical next move for Tony Giarratana and Novare here considering they do have other projects planned here. Just thought I would toss this out for comments.

Here is a link to the web site.

http://www.twelvehotels.com/

Another part of the picture:

http://www.novaregroup.com/news_09_06_05.html

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, IMO, this could be his next move. Of course, this is only speculation, but we all know that Giarratana wanted a hotel in his original Signature proposal. I'm sure he would be interested in doing that on another property. And since Twelve is combination Hotel and residential, I think it's a natural fit for Tony.

Tony seems to be "the Man." With the Cumberland, Viridian, Bennie Dillon, Stahlman and possibly the Encore 1 and 2 and Signature, his plate seems to be very full. I don't know if he can do much more. Some business leaders may be concerned that Tony may be buying up too many lots, thus not leaving opportunity for other developers. We do need some additional office and hotel towers downtown. We don't need every highrise to be residential. I hope we see a 40 story office tower again soon.

Has anyone seen the renderings of Encore on Giarratana's website? They are awful. It's a modern glass structure that sits right behind the classical symphony center. It has no architectural context at all. I hope they change the design because that would be a disaster for Sobro. I think Tony G. has done good things for Nashville, but some of the designs he has pushed are shotty at best.

I will agree that the Encore design (from the angle we see it) may be lacking some character but I would have to guess that it will morph into something all-together different as many other projects tend to do. Personally, I'd like to see some extreme German influence for Encore.

I really don't mind the design at all. If you compare to what sits there now, i'd say its huge improvement. i'm glad its not too tall, it seems to blend in well with the hall of fame, schermerhorn, and hilton very well.

Plus, think of how much this is going to change the area. i bet if this actually gets approved and start building, it wont be long before all those nasty parking lots start getting renovated

I am thinking this would be(the 11th and Church project) on the cold storage site. That would probably sit between Charlotte and Church on 11th in the gulch with a street entrance off of Church but it could also be between CHurch and Broadway but if my memory is correct that would be where Central Parking HQ is located.

I really don't mind the design at all. If you compare to what sits there now, i'd say its huge improvement. i'm glad its not too tall, it seems to blend in well with the hall of fame, schermerhorn, and hilton very well.

Plus, think of how much this is going to change the area. i bet if this actually gets approved and start building, it wont be long before all those nasty parking lots start getting renovated

True... and the rendering does not even show that a new Hampton inn is being built in that area too!

Ragland (of Cee Bee Grocery Store fame) is supposed to be building a new Hampton Inn in the SoBro area. I haven't seen any designs for it yet but like someone else said.... any development beats what the area currently has. New Hamptons tend to be nicely designed and not quite so predictable. Below is a link (hope it works) to the Hampton Inn and Suites Crosstown (Boston).

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/...ctyhocn=BOSHSHX

I'm all for something getting built on that block, but I think the design should fit the area. A classical building built of brick or limestone would look great behind the Symphony center. Even something with post-modern lines and traditional materials would look better.

The original was more striking but I do like the new design. Based on the initial press and the two tower design rendering still available this seems to be a phase one with the second tower being built at a later date.

The 11th and CHurch project might be the rumored Gulch tower as well.

I went downtown to take a look at that block and there is a lot of room there.

Also the 11th and CHurch item has been taken off the web page.

The Encore looks great and it is interesting that the rendering happened today. Sometiomes I think Tony G. has things out there as bait to get a reaction.

I think I like the 2nd version better -- and it does look like a Phase I of something .. but surely this will go through all kinds of changes and evolutions before anything is actually done, won't it? Whatever happens -- it's still really exciting.. !

David

Archived