TallyVision

Florida

Has anyone else noticed that it seems the Democrat has recently started delaying the posting of quite a few of their stories online???

Example...the FSU parking garage story from Thursday's paper wasn't posted online until Friday morning & now several stories that are in this mornings print edition are nowhere to be found online so I assume they will show up tomorrow.

Interesting that they've taken this approach. Guess they've figured out about how to handle the decline in print edition subscriptions that are affecting newspapers everywhere. So now you'll have to be an actual print edition subscriber if you want ALL of today's news...TODAY.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I rode past the old Florida News Channel bldg. on Cap Circle NE last night and noticed that the sign was changed to read WCTV. That's a positive note for sure. Here's hoping they get into their new studios fast. Hopefully this new studio will improve the quality of their newscast. Everytime I watch their news lately, there's a constant low buzzing sound on my TV. It gets annoying. Anyone know the timeline on their move.....Glenn???

I rode past the old Florida News Channel bldg. on Cap Circle NE last night and noticed that the sign was changed to read WCTV. That's a positive note for sure. Here's hoping they get into their new studios fast. Hopefully this new studio will improve the quality of their newscast. Everytime I watch their news lately, there's a constant low buzzing sound on my TV. It gets annoying. Anyone know the timeline on their move.....Glenn???

Thats awesome news Poonther! Good eye!

If you haven't yet looked. TDO.com now has a news brief about WTXL and WTWC breaking up to do their own seperate things! WTXL will apparently move into the FSU studios until their new digs are complete where they will then begin an all digital broadcast! I can't wait.

February 20th look for a new look and a new sound!!!! :yahoo:

UrbanPlanet works people!!!

What intersection of C.C. is the new WCTV studio at? I rode out there the other day and I was looking for it but didnt see anything.

Poonther, None of my contacts at WCTV can give me a definite moving date. Their long-term lease with the Phipps family at their dilapidated studios up on Hwy 12 has expired so they are just leasing month to month right now until they move. Apparently there is still quite a bit of work to do on the interior of the new facility to get it like they want it. Gray is pumping some money into this station finally. They tell me it's going to be a totally modern, first-class studio with all the latest video & audio technology on the market & will rival any big market station. Let's hope so....it's about time!!! :)

Go Gators, The new WCTV studios are on Halstead Blvd in what was formerly the Oak Lake Six Cinemas before it was the Florida News Channel building. As TJ stated, it's down by Lucy Ho's across from the Keiser College complex of buildings.

If you haven't yet looked. TDO.com now has a news brief about WTXL and WTWC breaking up to do their own seperate things! WTXL will apparently move into the FSU studios until their new digs are complete where they will then begin an all digital broadcast! I can't wait.

February 20th look for a new look and a new sound!!!! :yahoo:

UrbanPlanet works people!!!

WTXL-WTWC end partnership :D

http://www.tdo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...NGNEWS/60210005

TJ, I saw this earlier as well. This is GREAT news for Tallahassee because that whole shared infrastructure/management/station concept just wasn't working IMO. Hopefully we will all benefit from WTXL stepping things up a few notches to compete with WCTV since they will be moving into their new modern studio facilities soon. The whole concept of them sharing space with our public broadcast station is quite interesting to me & I'll have to do some inquiring as to how that actually came about. At any rate...I think this is GREAT news for Tallahassee! :D

If you were leaving Outback, make a right onto Capital Circle, and I believe the next right would be the turn for the Studios. Almost where Lucy Ho's is.

OK, well, Ive been buy this place a couple of times! Some friends of mine live in the apartment complex just beyond the new WCTV studios...I dont know why i never noticed it, maybe because it was always at night except for the other day.

Any guesses on where the new WTXL studios will be built? All digital? Thank God.

Any guesses on where the new WTXL studios will be built? All digital? Thank God.

I was wondering the same thing too. Let's just hope the staff learns how to use all the new equipment properly. Half the problems I see/hear on the local news has a lot to do w/the cameras and audio.

^Now that I've done some reading, I don't think that Sinclair will bring back local news on NBC 40. Sinclair just shut down local news at their Tampa and B'ham affliates like they did here a few years back. I'm not sure what will become of this set.

In related news....ABC27 is suppose to move into their temporary studios today out at WFSU. They are also suppose to have their "new sound and look" out there. Has anyone caught their local news yet? Has the moved been made? I'll try and catch the news later this evening, but sometimes I forget to watch, so if anyone sees it, let us know.

And finally...anyone know where 27's new studios might go?

Poonther, I caught the new look late last night and early this morning. The most drasatic improvement was with the anchor... for some sudden reason, THEY CAN READ NOW!!! More importantly they had the professional CNN look about themselves. Understanding this is a temporary fix, there was a simple blue background, the desk was nice, but not emphasized. They've also redone the Channel 27 logo and gotten rid of the cheesy music. The graphics needed some work this morning, and some of the stories had image problems (blue and purple faces, hazzy, etc... but it seemed a work in progress throughout the early morning shows. I look forward to tonight's presentation.

LOL! I saw the 6'o clock struggles... it was mighty rough... seemed like my t.v. was too small or something... the words were cut off at the bottom and along the sides. It was fine this morning except the actual graphics (words and such) The weather graphics looked better at 6. I tried to contact the news channel this morning to express my pleasure with the changes at anchor (they did such a wonderful job both last night AND this morning) but I was unable to get thru. I'm sorry to hear the 5-5:30 reports went over so poorly.

Wow I watched the 11pm broadcast and it was BAD! The screen was never adjusted correctly and the top and bottom was cut off. When Nancy Dingdong did the weather, the screen was cut off so bad that most of Florida was not at the bottom of the map/picture but at the top.. No wonder it was so cold and cloudy today....by their map we live in Canada! :)

On a positive note, the sound did seem a little better. Here's hoping they can get their act together by the end of the week at the very latest!

And still the $64K question is......................Where will their new studios be located????

I caught most of the 6pm newscast tonight on 27. I seems they worked out a lot of the technical problems. While it wasn't the best news I've seen, it was better than yesterday and appears it will be better than what they have been doing. I am very hopefully of this situation. I truly don't think they'll be totally in full gear and unveil to us exactly what they can really do until they move into permanent studios. Again I'll ask the question.....where in the heck will that be???????

Poor 27.....they seemed to struggle again tonight with their 11 PM newscast. I'm sure it's not easy being relocated to temporary quarters on such short notice. I'm glad they got rid of a lot of the "cheese factor" though. Has anyone else noticed you can see right through the glass panel on the left side of their new set? Nancy D's white tennis shoes really stood out tonight through the panel....quite a stark contrast to her Black & Red outfit on the topside.

It's my understanding they're actively looking at numerous locations (existing buildings as well as raw land) for new studios but they haven't narrowed it down to any manageable size list at this point.

I caught most of the 6pm newscast tonight on 27. I seems they worked out a lot of the technical problems. While it wasn't the best news I've seen, it was better than yesterday and appears it will be better than what they have been doing. I am very hopefully of this situation. I truly don't think they'll be totally in full gear and unveil to us exactly what they can really do until they move into permanent studios. Again I'll ask the question.....where in the heck will that be???????

Agreed. Considering all things (controllable and uncontrollable) last nights broadcast was a great improvement. Thank God they got rid of that other music. The new tune is much better. I like the new logo, looks more modern. How long do yall think it will take for them to change the logo on the Microphones?

Glenn

I saw the glass desk. Can you say TACKY?

Archived