TallyVision

Florida

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Considering all things (controllable and uncontrollable) last nights broadcast was a great improvement. Thank God they got rid of that other music. The new tune is much better. I like the new logo, looks more modern. How long do yall think it will take for them to change the logo on the Microphones?

Glenn

I saw the glass desk. Can you say TACKY?

Ah man now I'm gonna have to watch them tonight just to see what I can see through the background. I wanna see Dingdong's tennis shoes too. I love stuff like that. I agree w/you GG, I hated the old music, it was nerve-racking...the new music is an improvement. I don't think they'll do much w/their background b/c they are just here on a temporary bases, but I could be wrong. Main thing I noticed GG and you did too, was the mics haven't changed logos. I though I was the only one anal enough to notice this. Glad I've got company. :)

I take back every mean thing I said about ABC 27. Yesterday I decided to give them another chance, and you know what? Their program was really good. Everything seemed to be more organized yesterday. And I Finally get why there board is blue. If you look hard enough you see a puddle of water with some kind of ripple effect. When you look at some of the graphics of the abc logo when they are about to show the weather or sports you see this reoccuring theme of ripple effects. Maybe they want there news to be like a ripple effect . They want it to spread everywhere. It's one of those things you have to see to get. Then again maybe I think to hard. :unsure:

^ Dude that was very insightful. Good eyes and ideas there! Now I'm gonna have to watch them AGAIN tonight to see if I can catch all that you've said. I've still not been able to see Dingdong's shoes, but there's always hope. I've never watched so much local news in one week in years.

Well, I just watched the 11 PM newscast & didn't pick up on the "ripple effect" but I did see Nancy D's white tennis shoes glaring through the glass panel again. They seemed flawless tonight so I'll give them credit for improving. Now...I've just got to look really hard for these blue ripples tomorrow. Good eye CityBoy, and very insightful indeed! Thanks for sharing. :)

Morning news today was 100% improved over the beginning of the week. So i guess we can call that lack of preparedness, not necessarily lack of skills and abilities on the part of the production team.

That is a relief, because if it had continued as it was, it would have been pretty embarrasing.

OK...I just saw the ripple effect in the new blue background on ABC 27 News...very cool! The anchors, Robert & Lauren, are doing much better but whoever's running their cameras & teleprompter still needs more training though. What's different about Lauren Phinney? Is she wearing her hair different or is she wearing less makeup or both? Something is different about her today....I just can't say for sure what it is. I also noticed they didn't show a shot of Nancy, or anyone else, sitting on the left side of the desk behind the glass panel. Maybe that's something they only do at 11 PM...I'm not sure as I'm usually not ever home in time to catch the 6 PM newscast. That's why it's nice being able to listen to WCTV on the radio (87.7) in the car while driving.

On Thursday night at 11pm I saw Dingdong's white tennis shoes. It was proud and happy moment in my household. :) Thanks for that tip Glenn.

Lauren did have her hair pulled back that night. That is all I could tell was different about her. I'll watch closely next week to see what I can tell different about her.

I should be fun to watch "Drunk Girl" aka Amanda Anderson this weekend.

On Thursday night at 11pm I saw Dingdong's white tennis shoes. It was proud and happy moment in my household. :) Thanks for that tip Glenn.

Lauren did have her hair pulled back that night. That is all I could tell was different about her. I'll watch closely next week to see what I can tell different about her.

I should be fun to watch "Drunk Girl" aka Amanda Anderson this weekend.

Ha! :lol: It's doesn't take much to amuse us!

Wow...the new weekend girl I just watched on ABC 27 is good! I didn't catch her name & I've never seen her before but she was great! Quite an improvement for them. Need to figure out who she is & where they got her from. Things are really looking up for 27's newscasts....it's about time.

Wow...the new weekend girl I just watched on ABC 27 is good! I didn't catch her name & I've never seen her before but she was great! Quite an improvement for them. Need to figure out who she is & where they got her from. Things are really looking up for 27's newscasts....it's about time.

I was with you until this morning - now their broadcast (on cable anyway) was so fuzzy and unwatchable that I could not bear it. The video feed looked really bad, even the studio shots.

Yeah I watched 27 last night at 11 and saw parts of Dingdong's Keds. I wish they'd cover up that see through part of the desk. Also last night they must of had some terrible problems w/the weather graphics b/c Dingdong just talked about the weather w/only two crude graphics. Not sure what's up w/that.

I also wish they'd update their website. It doesn't include the bio on the new gal and it still includes the old logo and slogans. Nothing is worse to me than a NEWS station w/a STALE website.

Check out the link I posted above. It's from the station in Sarasota that is also owned by the company that owns 27. Their graphics for weather and logo are exactly the same as ours. This isn't uncommon for this to happen in smaller media markets like ours. I believe this type of look from Sarasota is exactly what they want for us in Tally which is fine by me. Anything is better than before, but I don't think they'll work out all the kinks in the temporary studios and it could be a long long while before they build the new studios. So we may have some rough news from them for a quite some time.

Check out the link I posted above. It's from the station in Sarasota that is also owned by the company that owns 27. Their graphics for weather and logo are exactly the same as ours. This isn't uncommon for this to happen in smaller media markets like ours. I believe this type of look from Sarasota is exactly what they want for us in Tally which is fine by me. Anything is better than before, but I don't think they'll work out all the kinks in the temporary studios and it could be a long long while before they build the new studios. So we may have some rough news from them for a quite some time.

I had forgotten Sarasota had an ABC affiliate. It seems strange that the Gulf Coast of Florida has 3 ABC affiliate within about 200 miles of each other. You have the ABC 28 in Tampa, the ABC in Sarasota, and the ABC in Ft. Myers (I think). Why do you think that is? I know theres tons of people in that area, but are that many needed? Even if there isnt an ABC affiliate in Ft Myers, Sarasota just seems to close!?

^ Yeah it is weird to have 3 ABC affliates located w/in 130 miles of each other. Other odd things about this are you have one DMA, Tampa,St. Pete, Sarasota w/two ABC affliates: 28 in Tampa and 7 in Sarasota. I've always found it interesting that Tampa/St. Pete and Sarasota (two separate Metros) make up just ONE and the largest DMA in FL while they count Miami/Lauderdale and West Palm as two separate DMA's even though they are one metro area and in places like Boca you get all the stations from both markets.

WWSB 7 in Sarasota's website says they went on air in 1971 b/c ABC in Tampa did not come in clearly especially in the Venice area. This was in the days of old weak towers. Now these station's towers are very close to each other. I am assuming by this that the ABC station in Ft. Myers wasn't up and running yet..not sure on that one can't find a start date for that station.

Another odd thing is that the ABC station in Ft. Myers WZVN is also channel 7.

WTXL 27 in Tally is owned now by same company that owns WWSB 7 in Sarasota. WZVN 7 in Ft. Myers has different owners.

That's about the best I can explain it. Maybe someone from the TPA Bay area will come in and enlighten us even more.

^ Yeah it is weird to have 3 ABC affliates located w/in 130 miles of each other. Other odd things about this are you have one DMA, Tampa,St. Pete, Sarasota w/two ABC affliates: 28 in Tampa and 7 in Sarasota. I've always found it interesting that Tampa/St. Pete and Sarasota (two separate Metros) make up just ONE and the largest DMA in FL while they count Miami/Lauderdale and West Palm as two separate DMA's even though they are one metro area and in places like Boca you get all the stations from both markets.

That was always one bonus living right in the middle of Tampa and Orlando...we got all the affiliates from both towns, I was spoiled with great news stations I suppose...

I thoroughly agree with you about the new girl on ABC27...she has all the anchorwoman characteristics from the different tones of voice to the appropriate time to rock your head!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say how exciting this is to have a celebrity on the boards!! Thank you so much Go Gators for sharing the news, are you also responsible for inspiring Mr. McCall to join the site. I've had the pleasure of meeting both Mr. McCall and his wife when I was a Publix Employee out in Bradfordville and they quickly became two of my favorite tv personallities!

If there are more details, I'm dying to know!! :D

-tj

Archived