ironchapman

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From our blog, hope you don't mind:

"Monday, October 24, 2005

Rest In Eternal Peace Rosa!

RIP Rosa Parks

We can't forget what she did for us; black, white, brown or whatever color you call yourself. She has passed away. She was a true champion, believe that! She wouldn't stand for what was accepted. 12th street in Detroit was renamed Rosa Parks Blvd. Outkast...offer your respects...

Peace to you Rosa, and for all that you stood for!

posted by DetroitBazaar at 11:02 PM

Wait a minute, that wasn't the original cartoon that was posted.... the one originally was a bus to heaven that said "we have a seat right up front for you Mrs. Parks" or something...

Yeah, a new cartoon is utilizing the same URL used for the Rosa Parks tribute cartoon. At any rate, I am grateful for the courage Ms. Parks demonstrated long before I was born, and I am reaping the benefits of her courage. God rest her soul.

Yeah, a new cartoon is utilizing the same URL used for the Rosa Parks tribute cartoon. At any rate, I am grateful for the courage Ms. Parks demonstrated long before I was born, and I am reaping the benefits of her courage. God rest her soul.

I'm going with the URL is for the cartoon of the day for the cartoonist. The one that I saw for the response that I gave earlier was a fish on a plate. Now it's halloween. Seems to keep changing.

Well, as most of you may know, civil rights leader Rosa Parks, who became famous for refusing to give up her seat in the "Whites Only" section of a Montgomery, Alabama in 1955, has died at the age of 92. She dies of natural causes, reports say, in her Detroit home.

See more

I think you are mistaken. She wasn't in the white section of the bus, she was in the black section but was ordered to move because the white section was filled up.

Archived