Columbia Area Festivals

The_sandlapper

You guessed it this thread is for all festivals throughout the midlands.

Speaking of which the 3 rivers festival is considering relocating to the river (congaree). Here is the article from the state. 3 Rivers at the river I think this is a good idea since Columbia is the Riverbanks Region afterall. Bringing people to the focal point of the city should be key!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guessed it this thread is for all festivals throughout the midlands.

Speaking of which the 3 rivers festival is considering relocating to the river (congaree). Here is the article from the state. 3 Rivers at the river I think this is a good idea since Columbia is the Riverbanks Region afterall. Bringing people to the focal point of the city should be key!

I think relocating the 3 river festival is a good idea. The present site is too spread out, I also think that a poll should be given to the city some way, so the city doesn't make anymore bad investment bringing artist down who no one wants to see. The 3 river festival needs alot of work and better planning. Why don't columbia get some of it's local artist also like atl did. Maybe Angie Stone and Hootie the Blow Fish etc. The 3 rivers festival can be successful!! But the promoters need to be in touch with the city, and who the people of the city wants to see. One thing i notice about the 3 river festival was the poor advertisement. They assume just because it's a festival everyone know's and wants to go. Alot of the people i found last year didn't even know that date of the festival and there were no constant commericals. They difintely need more t.v. access to reach the people. You have to spend money to make money!! The hardest thing i find columbia doing is selling it's self . Where's the entreprenuial skills!! :shades:

I like the idea of using local artist to promote the event. I never thought about that? Angie Stone, and Hootie would be an excellent way to frontline. I also think it should try to promote more "local"/regional underground bands in general and allow some up and comming acts a chance to be seen. That's the type of thing that gives a city character. Columbia could be known regionally for this type of event.

Columbia is a college town there is no reason it shouldn't have a vibrant live music seen.

While I'm thinking about it Angie Stone and Hootie should open up venues in the Vista or Vista West. That would be something totally unique to Columbia having two nationally known artist with clubs/music halls in there home city. That I think would definately draw regional interest! If I lived in a neighboring state I would travel to Columbia to see Angie Stone or Hootie play at there own venue in the Vista!

While I'm thinking about it Angie Stone and Hootie should open up venues in the Vista or Vista West. That would be something totally unique to Columbia having two nationally known artist with clubs/music halls in there home city. That I think would definately draw regional interest! If I lived in a neighboring state I would travel to Columbia to see Angie Stone or Hootie play at there own venue in the Vista!

Your right, it's just so many ways you can play that out. They could have people like Duece Staley and Jermain Oneal be there as a host, just some way to promote the festivial. Jermaine's hot right now in the nba. He has his own shoes and commercial . Make it like all the local celebrities or something. It has money written all over it. And that's what cities like Atl does for there music festivals.They have alot of the local artist featured. I don't know any city the size of columbia with as many celebrites !!

Archived