OpenOffice.org 2.0

M. Brown

For those of you college students who don't have the money to pay for M$ Office check out the free OpenOffice.org 2.0 Office Suite. OO.O 2.0 just came out last week. Its the successor to OO.O 1.0. I love it because I don't have to go and pay for M$ office 2003.

It just came to my mind because I'm sittin hear writting my own paper for class tomorrow and I just figured you college students or high school students might want to check it out if you can't use MS office.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was weird having to use the MS Office version in a course I recently took.

This is simply a superior product available for free. MS is getting kicked squarely in the twig and berries by smaller companies beating them at their own game and offering them for free.

I have both OpenOffice and NeoOfficeJ on my Mac at home (as well as AppleWorks and Pages), but I've found at home I have almost no use for word processing or spreadsheets.

I'm not putting OpenOffice 2.0 on my machine yet since it still works through X11 and they are working on an aqua version now. Once the aqua version of OpenOffice comes out, I'll probably add it to my collection of Word Processing software I never use.

Archived