Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash

nashville + flash

I'm just now getting around to posting some more pictures from my Hurricane Rita expedition. Here's Nashville:

nsh51.jpg

nsh12.jpg

nsh15.jpg

nsh32.jpg

nsh17.jpg

nsh08.jpg

nsh27.jpg

nsh01.jpg

nsh40.jpg

nsh39.jpg

nsh04.jpg

nsh14.jpg

nsh03.jpg

nsh19.jpg

nsh05.jpg

nsh07.jpg

nsh09.jpg

nsh20.jpg

nsh10.jpg

nsh29.jpg

nsh33.jpg

nsh37.jpg

nsh56.jpg

nsh48.jpg

nsh13.jpg

nsh22.jpg

nsh02.jpg

nsh23.jpg

nsh24.jpg

nsh25.jpg

nsh50.jpg

nsh26.jpg

nsh28.jpg

nsh52.jpg

nsh43.jpg

nsh16.jpg

nsh18.jpg

nsh35.jpg

nsh30.jpg

nsh31.jpg

nsh46.jpg

nsh34.jpg

nsh36.jpg

nsh38.jpg

nsh53.jpg

nsh42.jpg

nsh47.jpg

nsh57.jpg

nsh41.jpg

nsh49.jpg

nsh44.jpg

nsh21.jpg

nsh45.jpg

nsh54.jpg

nsh55.jpg

nsh11.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Simply fantastic! Thanks for posting these great pics. The NE angled skyline shots from from the East Nashville were superb. Were did you find to take those shots from? It looks like your taking them from atop a structure, is that the case?

Have any plans to head down to Memphis for pics? I think you would find it a good city to put your skills to work in.

Thanks everyone.

Rural King, I took them from atop the Days Inn rooftop, the hotel I spent the night in.

I took some photos of Memphis while passing through and will post those once I edit them.

Great pics!! My favorite is the locomotive with Bellsouth in the background. I'm not a fan of the BS building, but this pic says so much about the city I love: A speeding train crosses the river (although you can't actually see it) into a busy city on the rise while the Salvation Army lights up the early evening sky. Sorry for the cheap poetry.

Also, I never noticed how much the BS building looks like a church from one angle and devilish (with horns) from another. I've always thought it was creepy looking and rather juvenile in design, but I'm forming a newfound opinion of it (it may turn out to be a good one).

Every one of those pics looks like it should be sold in a store as a post card. You do a great job. What kind of camera did you use? By the way, I like the rotating Pittsburgh Glass Tower Icon.

Talking about the Bell South looking like a church, I have brought flight attendents from a couple of airlines and they ask, Whats church is that? All I can do is smile and tell them its the church of Batman.

Those may well be the finest set of Nashville pictures I've ever seen! Amazing job, Flash. Thanks ever so much for posting them. Makes me homesick just like so many others have already said. Oh well, I can fix that! I'm coming up this weekend! Yeah!