St. Mary's School in Greektown

Wordsmith

Is there anything going on with that building? I see a perfectly good girl's school building going to waste... Yes I realize that downtown's population (especially of school age children) might not support it at first but if you pull in kids from that stretch of Gratiot and beyond I could see some decent figures. Maybe that's just my hopeful heart tortuing me again. But it upsets me that Detroit's classical (and yes, elite) schools have either closed up shop or headed for the hills. Unless someone know's different...

WS

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen this said guy with guitar, perhaps because it's always cold or raining when I'm in Greektown... Maybe someone up there is trying to send me a message...?

That reminds me, I'm also interested in this old school building off Cass across the street from Burton Internation School. I just found it maybe a month ago and I'm kind of shocked that it managed to survive this long. The building looks like it's in great shape to be so obviously old. I'm not sure if it's in use as a school or not but given the proximity to Burton I don't think that's the case. Too bad I don't know the name of it.

WS

Archived