Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chemmie

Houston Eats

Hello, my wife and I will be visiting her parents for X-Mas this year in the Houston area. They are about halfway between Houston and Galveston, but location doesn't matter too much. While we are in Houston, I would like for the two of us to go out to a nice dinner.

What are some of the finer, independently owned, restaraunts in Houston? Both of us enjoy any kind of food imaginable and enjoy small independent type places. I would just like some ideas so I can search more and make a decision.

Thank you!

Hello, my wife and I will be visiting her parents for X-Mas this year in the Houston area. They are about halfway between Houston and Galveston, but location doesn't matter too much. While we are in Houston, I would like for the two of us to go out to a nice dinner.

What are some of the finer, independently owned, restaraunts in Houston? Both of us enjoy any kind of food imaginable and enjoy small independent type places. I would just like some ideas so I can search more and make a decision.

Thank you!

You absolutely have to do Sunday brunch at Baba Yega which is my favorite Houston restaurant, in Montrose. The place is amazing for it's urban casual garden atmosphere, but the Sunday brunch, while expensive, is as good as any I experienced in Europe. We have some of the best in the South here.

Thank you!

You should find a grat selection. Houston is the best restaurant city in Texas

I don't live in Houston, but if your looking for independently-owned restaurants I'd go with Williams Chicken, Timmy Chan's or Frenchy's, the latter two are in the middle of Houston's 3rd Ward, over by TSU and University Of Houston.