CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Fieldhouse at West End

gs3

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

They held the auction tonight for the Field House at West End. Here's a brief synopsis:

They sold 25 of 40 units. The most popular by far were those facing the field--all but one or two of those sold. The starting "reserve" bid on each was $260/ft. All but five or six went at reserve price because there was only one "bidder." Units with multiple bidders were auctoned between those that had reserved a unit by 6:30 at the auction. The ones that seemed to have multiple bidders were on the corners. Unit 501 which is a top corner unit facing both the field and downtown went for $350,000. Bids started on that one at $298,000.

The developer said they would release ten more units in the Spring at an undisclosed price. The remaining will be put on the market when the building is complete.

I'd be interested to know the ratio of owner occupants to investors/speculators. Any guesses? Was anyone else there?

• 2 weeks later...

These are not scheduled to be complete until early Spring of 2007.

I know they are also developing the Park at West End... More condos that are next to these. Are they waiting for these to sell, or are they going to go on up with The Park at West End too? I know that they've been designed and have gone in for permits...

I know they are also developing the Park at West End... More condos that are next to these. Are they waiting for these to sell, or are they going to go on up with The Park at West End too? I know that they've been designed and have gone in for permits...

I believe the Fieldhouse at West End is the project formerly known as "the Park at West End." Check out Centennial American Properties' web page for this project (Notice the address is www.capllc.com/properties/parkatwestend.htm).

I believe the Fieldhouse at West End is the project formerly known as "the Park at West End." Check out Centennial American Properties' web page for this project (Notice the address is www.capllc.com/properties/parkatwestend.htm).

Interesting... but I still really want to say that they are two seperate things... I don't know. But I spent a lot of time around this project this summer... I dont know. I guess they might have changed it... Like if you look at the image that is on the sign that is in the picture a few posts back... The Fieldhouse only looks to be half of the entire structure that will grace the outfield... Which would make sense because I was thinking that the Park was the other side... ???

Well, there may be more to it. The original site plan for "the Park at West End" encompassed the "triangle" of property bordered by the railroad tracks, Augusta Road, and South Main (where the GTA facility and other places are today). There was rumored to have been some retail and mixed use development planned for that as well. That doesn't seem to be part of the current plans though. I hope it still is though, and just isn't as publicly visible. I think some redevelopment of that triange would be very good.

The Park must include the commercial and residential aspect of the project. There will be retail and office along side the residential section.

The Fieldhouse is two buildings, i f facing it from main, the left building is residential over parking, the right is office over retail and a restaurant.

I am not saying that their won't be additional new development on that triangle property, but it currently has multiple owners. Isnt the GTA sight their? They aren't doing anything soon. And I am pretty sure the owner of the Delta Woodside Office doesn't have development plans as of yet either.

Found the original site plan:

siteplan.jpg

This additional retail and parking, I believe, are what was considered to be "the Park at West End."

The buildings along the left field line are "the Fieldhouse at West End."

If I were GTA, I'd sit on this piece of property and work very hard to ensure that a Multi-Modal facility will be built there for both Bus and Light Rail Transit, especially considering the proximity to the ballpark, Falls Park, and the railroad track running adjacent to the property.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday, 10-DEC-2005:

Here are a few photos taken today of the Field House at West End. I believe that the part that is going up first is the part that's going to house the Greenville Drive Administrative Offices with some retail down below.

Yet another sign marking the project:

Field_House_0001.jpg

As seen from the Railroad Crossing at South Main:

Field_House_0002.jpg

As seen from South Main and Markley Street:

Field_House_0003.jpg

The view from the future Grassy Berm on the Left Field Line inside the Ballpark:

Field_House_0005.jpg

That's as deep as this part of the building is going to get, from what I can tell. The other northern end of the building should be a little deeper, but that's mainly for the parking garage and the terrace. The building should be pretty long though.

It's funny, but the renderings rather remind me of a smaller version of the old B&O Warehouse outside and across South Eutaw Street from Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland.

West End Ballpark and the Field House at West End:

rendering%203.jpg

Oriole Park at Camden Yard and the old B&O Warehouse:

oriolepark.jpg

Does anybody else get this impression?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice shots, gsupstate! I was talking to one of the construction guys yesterday and he said they've changed the plans a few times on him, but he hopes to have the next two floors of this new building framed in by the middle of next month. Following the progress on this should be pretty cool.

Archived