CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Fieldhouse at West End

gs3

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The field house does have a patio, above the parking lot, that is next to the highest part of the green monster and will have a view of the field. The building pictured is not the field house condos that is the building to the left which they have only pored the 1st floor.

Yea, you can see the patio/deck in this photo from the Greenville News Reader-Submitted Photos:

104220795_d973b0be25_o.jpg

The building on the right in this photo is the office/retail part of the Field House. The building on the left will have a parking level and residential units (as well as the patio deck and balconies).

From what Nate was saying last week, the retail/office building will also have a sports bar/grill with a patio deck. That'll be pretty cool. :thumbsup:

The ballparks going to be awesome but I always wonder were they could add more stands. It just seem to me it's going to be a big hit and needs to seat more.

I rather like the small, intimate, cozy feel that the ballpark has. The only place I could see them adding additional seatingn in the future would be additional bleachers just outside of the center and right field walls; however, I'm not certain it will be necessary.

I also like the smaller sized ballpark especially seeing how the crowds will start getting smaller as the year's ware on just like the grrrowl did.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that will be the case at all. The reasoning I use is that Hockey, for all intents and purposes, is a novelty in the South. This is why the crowds were so large to begin with and why they're so thin now. Also, the ticket prices for Grrrowl games are somewhat high, in my opinion. I love to go to the games; however, I don't do it as often as I would if they were more affordable. :blink:

Baseball is not a novelty in any part of the country really. Plus, you can't beat the ticket prices for the Drive games. The best seats in the house are just $8. That's just great in my book! Compare that to $21 for the best seat in the Bi-Lo Center for the Grrrowl games. If I were the Grrrowl, I'd start there. Additionally, I know that the Drive will go out of their way with each game to make our experience at the ballpark one that will have us anticipating our return to the next game. I'm already feeling this way and they've not even thrown out the first pitch. :yahoo:

I totally agree with you RT. Me and my dad said that the Grrrowl were also a novelty too here. The reason I think the Braves never had that many fans at games is because the ballpark was in the middle of nowhere it seemed like and it took forever to get there.

Archived