CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Fieldhouse at West End

gs3

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unless you're going to put security on the wi-fi and give people a code with a purchase, i don't see how you can have someone arrested for using an open signal that is floating around out there. Now if someone hacked through the security that might be another issue.

sitting in my condo i can hit at least 4 open signals from surrounding businesses and residents who don't have any type of security and about another 8 or so of people that do have security. So being at the fieldhouse you'll probably be able to hit a few form either the field, port city or possibly the office next door.

Starbucks, for one, contracts with T-Mobile to provide their internet service. At one time, it was a pay-per-use service (not sure if it still is seeing as how we have no T-Mobile in our area and thus our Starbucks don't have Wi-Fi).

I'm sure cundvale patronizes Port City Java plenty, seeing as how they're right downstairs from him. Besides, one thing that Greenville touts is it's Wireless Downtown. Maybe the city needs to work with their Wireless Downtown folks to extend their Free Wi-Fi coverage area on down to Markley Street, if they haven't already done it. :thumbsup:

The Fieldhouse will be getting TWO new office tenants. MORE daytime employees deep in the West End!

Atleast one, will NOT mean empty office space as a result. One of the companies is relocating from one of the Erwin Penland's buildings as a result of Erwin Penland's rapid growth and need for more space in their buildings. :thumbsup::yahoo:

Starbucks, for one, contracts with T-Mobile to provide their internet service. At one time, it was a pay-per-use service (not sure if it still is seeing as how we have no T-Mobile in our area and thus our Starbucks don't have Wi-Fi).

I'm sure cundvale patronizes Port City Java plenty, seeing as how they're right downstairs from him. Besides, one thing that Greenville touts is it's Wireless Downtown. Maybe the city needs to work with their Wireless Downtown folks to extend their Free Wi-Fi coverage area on down to Markley Street, if they haven't already done it. :thumbsup:

My wife and I had dinner tonight at the Liberty Tap Room. One of the owners invited us by for a private party and training night for the staff. He called it "Guinea Pig Night". We were able to order entries off of the menu and the brought out random appetizers and desserts.

The food was excellent and moderately priced. (Everything was free tonight! ^_^:yahoo: )

I recommend the Atlantic Salmon ($19 w/ 2 sides). We had ours with collards and a baked sweet potato. It was topped with a maple pecan and cranberry topping. Very, very good! They have a fresh fish program, so I believe the fish will always be a good choice.

We also had the New Orleans Seafood Platter (shrimp, fresh fish, and a crabcake - all flash fried). The shimp were excellent.

For an appetizer we had pot stickers with Thai coleslaw - great.

For dessert - key lime cheesecake. We saw most of the desserts and the all looked delicious.

They have an extensive beer menu ($4 pints) and a huge bar. :alc:

Everyone was very nice. It's a great addition to the West End. Opens tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Found out the hard way Sunday that it is possible to lock yourself out on your balcony at the Field House. No cell phone and no keys to drop down to neighbors. Luckily a neighbor called a locksmith and we were rescued.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know what's up with the new Mexican restaurant planned for The Fieldhouse? I thought it was suppose to open around the same time as Liberty Taproom, but doesn't seem like much construction activity is happening in the spot. :dontknow:

Here are more details on the proposed outdoor covered seating area at Liberty Tap Room.

I'm not so sure I like this. If baseballs are a problem for patrons, perhaps move the seating area around to the side of the building instead of having it behind the building? I'd think having outdoor seating more visible from Main Street and Markley Street would be a plus for the establishment, anyway. Don't stuff your patrons away in a hidden corner and put a shelter over their heads. Set them out on the sidewalk so they can see and be seen. :rolleyes:

Here are more details on the proposed outdoor covered seating area at Liberty Tap Room.

I'm not so sure I like this. If baseballs are a problem for patrons, perhaps move the seating area around to the side of the building instead of having it behind the building? I'd think having outdoor seating more visible from Main Street and Markley Street would be a plus for the establishment, anyway. Don't stuff your patrons away in a hidden corner and put a shelter over their heads. Set them out on the sidewalk so they can see and be seen. :rolleyes:

I discovered this evening one more thing I don't like about the outdoor seating at the back of the Liberty Tap Room: The playground inside of West End Field is positioned right above it and cigarette smoke from the outdoor seating wafts right up into the playground area. I don't want my kids inhaling second-hand smoke. :sick: And before anyone has any wise cracks about this, remember that I'm a former smoker myself. I really don't know how either my wife or I were able to be smokers for so damned long. I can't stand the stuff now.

I discovered this evening one more thing I don't like about the outdoor seating at the back of the Liberty Tap Room: The playground inside of West End Field is positioned right above it and cigarette smoke from the outdoor seating wafts right up into the playground area. I don't want my kids inhaling second-hand smoke. :sick: And before anyone has any wise cracks about this, remember that I'm a former smoker myself. I really don't know how either my wife or I were able to be smokers for so damned long. I can't stand the stuff now.

Archived