CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Fieldhouse at West End

gs3

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ballparks going to be awesome but I always wonder were they could add more stands. It just seem to me it's going to be a big hit and needs to seat more.

Of course, I do recall a statement being made early on that this park could accomodate AA ball. The current seating capacity would be lower than every other park at the AA level. Seating would probably have to be added. There's room for it, I think. But it would still need to be added.

Hmmm. Interesting rendering from Main Street. Is it actually accurate though? They must have decided to avoid the arched windows, unless they will be framed in later. This would be sad. Also, I noticed the seats are all red, and the skybox windows are shaped differently than the current design. The plaza holds potential, but needs more public art that relates to baseball in the south. So overall, I am very disappointed in the changes to the Fieldhouse and the plaza. :(

Hmmm. Interesting rendering from Main Street. Is it actually accurate though? They must have decided to avoid the arched windows, unless they will be framed in later. This would be sad. Also, I noticed the seats are all red, and the skybox windows are shaped differently than the current design. The plaza holds potential, but needs more public art that relates to baseball in the south. So overall, I am very disappointed in the changes to the Fieldhouse and the plaza. :(

I agree, Skyliner. The arched windows in the renderings are a nice touch that makes a big difference!

I prefer the arched windows on those two floors, too; however, it certainly doesn't appear that they're going to be included in the final implementation of the design. :(

The plaza is going to be nice, but I agree that it's begging for some public art. I wonder if there would be much opposition to relocatiing the Shoeless Joe statue to this plaza from the West End Market? Or, perhaps a statue of some baseball fans (a family and others included) waiting in line at a faux ticket window to buy tickets? Or maybe something similar to this (I again submit the photo of the sculptures outside of Fifth/Third Park in Toledo, Ohio):

e5ed34c8.jpg

What in the world are you guys talking about. The seats aren't red; they are blue and green. The only seats that are going to be red are the bleachers. Look at RT's most recent photos on the West End ballpark construction thread to see what i'm talking about. Also, what arched windows are you guys talking about?

Note the arched windows on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Field House. Also, this rendering, like all the others of this site, show the ballpark with red seats throughout.

I still rather prefer one uniform color, either red or green. We're intelligent people here in this community. We can figure out where we need to sit without color-coded sections. :P It's too late now, I suppose, since they're already installing them.

...They must have decided to avoid the arched windows, unless they will be framed in later...

You'll be happy to know that the arched windows will be present in the end. I went into the ballpark today (sans camera) to look around and I see that the arched windows are now present on the 2nd floor of the Field House building. The brick has almost reached the top on the ballpark side. I'll try to get back over with a camera tomorrow. It's been a busy weekend with my son's first birthday and relatives in town.

Archived