CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Fieldhouse at West End

gs3

• 1 month later...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not mistaken, the first floor of the residential building (the one fartherest from the Baseball Gate) is only parking. There would be no shops or offices facing Main St. Maybe they could re-work it so that there is room for artist studios. Just as was done with Riverplace. Something like that wouldn't take up the same amount of space as typical retail. I don't like the idea of that being a dead space fornting the street, even if there are other things in the vacinity.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are any of the retail/resturant spaces occupied yet? I could see traffic really being slow until baseball season starts. I'd imagine not many people think about things that far down Main when thinking about where to go eat/shop-- YET! before long, that should change. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Its been said before, but I think it needs to be said again as they come closer to completion of these. Those are some good looking buildings! I wish I could have talked the wife into one of those condos, but they are pretty small and expensive. They will however lend a great "Finished" look to the stadium for the games this year. Always having construction up there was a little distracting last year.

And man, it seems like they've been working on those FOREVER!

Not sure when they are going to start, but they still have gravel on the floor in the site right now. Not really sure why, but it looked weird to have a large enclosed indoor space with gravel all over the floor. Seems like they would want to get done before the season starts in April.

Is this going to be the same Liberty brewery that they have at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle?

• 1 month later...

Archived