Front Page! Jags talk move over city decisions

bobliocatt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 4-3, they are not only still better than most records in the NFL but are still leading the Wild Card race in the AFC.

If record denotes what's deserving, many teams cities should have kicked out their teams already or whined about financial deals.

Bianchi is a former Florida Times-Union writer. His bandwagon, fair weather friend style of writing continually irked the Jacksonville readership for too long and after reading his NFL.com articles for the past few years and now hearing of this remark, he obviously hasn't changed.

At 4-3, they are not only still better than most records in the NFL but are still leading the Wild Card race in the AFC.

If record denotes what's deserving, many teams cities should have kicked out their teams already or whined about financial deals.

Bianchi is a former Florida Times-Union writer. His bandwagon, fair weather friend style of writing continually irked the Jacksonville readership for too long and after reading his NFL.com articles for the past few years and now hearing of this remark, he obviously hasn't changed.

I'm not sure I'd feel the same way, were I a Jacksonvillian. After all, the Jags have not made the playoffs in five years. And though they are 4-3 currently, given yesterday's shameful, SHAMEFUL loss, any confidence that the ship is at long last righting itself is questionable.

As you can tell, I root for the Jags. I also think our teams, which we finance, should be held accountable for their performance. There is no moral imperative to be the do-or-die fan. This is entertainment we pay for.

I still don't think fan support is the issue. Attendance is in the middle of the pack, as far as the league's 32 teams are concerned. This particular issue, deals with the city trying to fix a negotiation mistake (promising signage revenue when it was already given to the Jags) on the Fl-GA/ACC championship games, by stiffing the Jaguars.

In the realm of free agency, we cannot hold them accountable. Free agency has single handedly ruined the franchise building process. Imagine had we not had to release some of the best players in our history because of it. Keenan is playing at a level equal to his peak with the Jags. Brunnel is having a year that Leftwhich still dreams of. Fernando Bryan could play opposite corner to Rasheen Mathis and with that duo, you may as well site your QB on offensive possessions.

Wow. cant believe Im going to say this...

You know, as mentioned before, IM not a big football person, but with how well OVERALL and COMPARITIVLY they have been playing over the past year, I caught myself this mornign looking to see whther the jags one or not. Little excitment in me is building over the possibility that they might actualy go to the playoffs. Yesterdays game was a disappointment, but you know, there are going to be games liek that. If they've gotten me a lsomewhat excited about this season, i can imagine how the normal fans are this year. So, I dont think quality of game is realy an issue anymore.

Also, I have to agree wiht Lake, i realy dont think fan support is realy an issue. we are FAR from a poor asttendnace team. Middle of the pack.. that means average. Sure it could be better, but average is better than crappy.

Finally, if anyone listend to Morning Edition on NPR this morening, they did a story about the Saints. It was talking about how successful the fan base is for the Saints, yet they are talking about moving the team to LA? this has been a debate for a while, even bf Katrina, so we cant say tis jsut because of Katrina.

In Otherwords, Fan support is important, but FAR from a deciding factor in whether or not a team will move. What will cause the team to move is if our local gov keeps smearing crap in Weavers face...

Anyway, jsut my thoughts

Cheers Guys

In the realm of free agency, we cannot hold them accountable. Free agency has single handedly ruined the franchise building process. Imagine had we not had to release some of the best players in our history because of it. Keenan is playing at a level equal to his peak with the Jags. Brunnel is having a year that Leftwhich still dreams of. Fernando Bryan could play opposite corner to Rasheen Mathis and with that duo, you may as well site your QB on offensive possessions.

Whereas free agency has surely made it more difficult to maintain continuity, other teams face the same challenge, and anyway, I don't see how this should serve to innoculate the Jags from demands for production.

By the way, you can have our Orlando Magic if the Jags decide to bolt. :)

The Florida Seals most likely, used to be Orlando Seals. They are now playing in the Silver Spurs arena in Kissimmee of all places. I went Sat night. It was a hoot!

They are a member of the Southern Professional Hockey League. As a matter of fact they played the Jacksonvile Barracudas!

Archived