Front Page! Jags talk move over city decisions

bobliocatt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if a team deserves a structure worthy of their success rate, I think the Citrus Bowl is perfect for the Jags.

That one's gonna leave a mark.

:rofl:

And why would anyone want to give away the Preds? The only notable Orlando team that's ever won a title? Two, to be exact. :unsure:

Jax sems to be very quickly emerging from its funk. Jags imbroglio ironed out. Landing deal near. Courthouse fiasco close to being resolved (and this should blow the lid off certain projects-in-waiting). And all this on the heels of the Kuhn announcement.

I agree with Dale. Kuhn's announcement seems to have put a spark back into the northbank. He has clearly gotten Sleiman extremely excited, and I think everyone (even that kid mayor) feels a little better with him around. Now that our jags are safe, I think the city's going to be alright. Sometimes those folks from O-town get something right.

I agree with Dale. Kuhn's announcement seems to have put a spark back into the northbank. He has clearly gotten Sleiman extremely excited, and I think everyone (even that kid mayor) feels a little better with him around. Now that our jags are safe, I think the city's going to be alright. Sometimes those folks from O-town get something right.

:lol:

Littlepage column on Jaguars settlement

Littlepage's column summarizes the deal pretty good I think. He did neglect to mention that the expenses of running the concession stands has been lifted from the city. A savings of about $180,000 by my calculations. It seems to be a win-win for both partys but nothing earth-shattering.

I also liked his call for the community to put it's money were it's mouth is on supporting the team.

I hope this whole scenario can be avoided when the naming rights issue arises. Not much chance of that though.

• 1 month later...

The Jags seem to be doing relatively well this season. I don't know how the whole playoffs work, but I'd love to see the Jags make it!

The Jags are going to the playoffs... they've got one of the best records in the NFL this year, although Indy deserves the big prize for a season well played. I hope the death of Tony Dungy's son doesn't tear his spirits too much. My best wishes to him and his family.

Archived