Discuss Election Result. How will it affect Development in the city

monsoon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted in favor of the bonds but I am not in favor of the Republican plan to expand only suburban schools.

I do think they could trim the bond issue by removing some of the sports related items and just focus on educational buildings. There are schools that were on the 2005 bond referendum that are not in the suburbs, over capacity, and in desperate need of renovation. In my opinion this was a pure political play by the Republicans to say that school money should only go in their strongholds on North and South Meck. Meanwhile the children suffer. Where is the leadership?

I voted in favor of the bonds but I am not in favor of the Republican plan to expand only suburban schools.

I do think they could trim the bond issue by removing some of the sports related items and just focus on educational buildings. There are schools that were on the 2005 bond referendum that are not in the suburbs, over capacity, and in desperate need of renovation. In my opinion this was a pure political play by the Republicans to say that school money should only go in their strongholds on North and South Meck. Meanwhile the children suffer. Where is the leadership?

touche' skyline. i agree with you 100%. i was hoping for a changing of the guard @ CMS. also, i wish there were an alternative to having any bond money going to sports related activities. i am not against sports @ all... i just wonder the percentage of kids that actually benefit from this... what i'm really asking is how many kids play FOOTBALL in CMS?

Archived