Greenville Drive Baseball

Just in case you missed it:

Tuesday's attendance of 7,125 was the 2nd largest crowd EVER at Fluor Field. Four fans shy of the largest crowd of 7,129 (May 31, 2009 - Drive vs. RiverDogs; John Smoltz rehab start for Greenville). Last year's Reedy River Rivalry drew 7,104 fans.

• 3 months later...

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Interesting article from the Boston Globe concerning the Drive talent:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/05/21/red-sox-have-quite-stockpile-talent-greenville/saJ12FHVNOkYvdfe89UeSM/story.html

I also found this on the Drive's official website:

http://m.milb.com/t428/news/article/20150421119610902/cbs_sports_network_to_televise_drive_game

Edited by Jet-set

Quick, send them up here NOW!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

“It’s our prime ticket renewal season right now,”  That's BS!  I was a season ticket holder from 2007 - 2014.  For the past three years they made zero effort to get me to renew.  In 2013 and 2014 I had to contact them and I barely got my tickets before opening day.  In 2015, I inquired why the prices had gone up so dramatically (30%).  I never got a reply, and did not go to a single game. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know for sure what is being built outside the outfield wall between the Field House and the train tracks? Several tall steel beams were being installed there today. It looks like it could be for a new screen or signage.

Edited by Jet-set

• 2 weeks later...
On February 7, 2016 at 7:43 PM, Jet-set said:

Does anyone know for sure what is being built outside the outfield wall between the Field House and the train tracks? Several tall steel beams were being installed there today. It looks like it could be for a new screen or signage.

They are getting a new scoreboard.  I hear it is supposed to be much larger.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2017 at 0:08 PM, distortedlogic said:

This has got to be the biggest and nicest single A stadium in the country, and most expensive. When do we step up to double A? I know it doesn't really matter much ,but double A seems more in line with our market.

They have really sped through the renovations. I've seen people working at 9pm at night. Wish the other projects in town could move as quickly.

• 2 years later...

That is interesting—  It made me curious about attendance. Minor league baseball seems to be doing well at attracting fans overall. Granted, I believe the system is probably somewhat bloated. 

The Drive continue to be the most well attended franchise in the state, including setting a fresh single game attendance record this season. They’re certainly an asset for Greenville to have downtown. 

• Like 1