Greenville Drive Baseball

:lol: Thanks RT!

Would E.P. do the website also? I agree the website doesn't get updated as often as the other advertising. I just went to the website and was surprised to see the Santa Claus photos however.

http://www.greenvilledrive.com/

No, the Web Site is done by The Worthwhile Company (a small local shop). Their M.C. for the entertainment also works for the Worthwhile Company....coincidence? :whistling:

What surprises me is the photo of Tommy Lasorda with Santa Claus. I always just kinda thought that Tommy Lasorda WAS Santa Claus. :lol:

The Drive have an on-line season's greetings video message (a humorous take-off on TV commercials for CDs and record albums).

http://greenvilledrive.tv/holiday_greeting.html

Note the URL...and how it's not hosted by their regular web site.

The whole web site thing with them is just plain weird. They do everything so damn well and then there's the web site. On the bright side, it's better than having it the other way 'round, with an awesome web site that covers up for a train wreck on all other fronts.

Anyway...have a great holiday season everyone, a terrific end to Hannukah, a very merry Christmas, and a happy whatever else happens to rock your world!

That is rather odd :huh:, but I suspect that the greenvilledrive.tv domain has been registered for a good reason, perhaps specifically for video content. Mike had mentioned to me once that they were hoping to bring video highlights, etc., to the site throughout the season. This may be the conduit that has been put in place specifically for that? I dunno really. Mike and Nate: I know you guys lurk. Is there anything you can share with us regarding things to expect see improved with the web site?

Edit: Although the chatter guy is interesting enough, I like the video that's at http://www.greenvilledrive.tv/, myself. :thumbsup: Well done.

Edited by RestedTraveler

That is rather odd :huh:, but I suspect that the greenvilledrive.tv domain has been registered for a good reason, perhaps specifically for video content. Mike had mentioned to me once that they were hoping to bring video highlights, etc., to the site throughout the season. This may be the conduit that has been put in place specifically for that? I dunno really. Mike and Nate: I know you guys lurk. Is there anything you can share with us regarding things to expect see improved with the web site?

Edit: Although the chatter guy is interesting enough, I like the video that's at http://www.greenvilledrive.tv/, myself. :thumbsup: Well done.

I guess I'm a "lurker". We are in the process of relaunching our website. On the initial relaunch we tried to stay local with the provider but have had countless problems, some on our end. We are going with a national sports website operator that will enable us to provide the type of online experience our fans deserve. The web has been a source of disappointment to us all in the first year and it will be markedly different this year, I promise.

The web-mercials are just the start. We are hoping to provide nightly recaps, highlights from our games. Spring training updates, chats, broadcasting games, etc. I think our possibilities are endless and we have only just begun.

Have a good holiday guys.

Mike

I'm not surprised that some of the perk gifts given to season ticket holders have made their way to eBay from the Drive's inaugural season, in fact I was hoping to catch a good deal on one of those paper weight stadium replica things for a Christmas gift.

At any rate, the prices that some of these Greenville Drive items are going for are amazing to me. i.e. over $100 for a Reedy Rip 'It bobble head doll or I've seen auctions on a stadium replica go for over $150.00.

The point is, I guess the team has caught on to the point where the first souvenirs are legitimate collectors items.

Check out some of the prices:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...nville+drive%22

Edited by whitehourseview

I don't know about the bobble-head doll, because I've always been too frightened by them to want to collect them (the concept is rather disturbing to me). However, the stadium replicas often sell for $45+ brand new, whether limited-edition or not, so it's no surprise to me that someone would be asking that much for a very limited edition collector's item. I'd love to have one, myself, but I'm not going to shell out that kind of dough for it.

I am a season ticket holder and loved going to the games last year, and really can't wait till this season starts. I was looking online on the ebay and for some reason, just for the heck of it, put in "Greenville Drive" As you said, I was amazed to see the ticketholder giveaways fetching such a price. I've just got the bobblehead and the stadium replica sitting on my desk at work gathering dust. And I happen to have two of each since I've got two tickets. Perhaps its time for an ebay listing! Maybe I should hold out till the season starts.

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbsup: The Greenville Drive have begun to hire several intern positions for college students and seeing how i'm a college student and have always wanted to work for the Greenville Drive, i'm going to apply for several of the positions available and hope to get one. Wish me good luck. More info: http://www.greenvilledrive.com/index.php?o...view&id=232

:thumbsup: The Greenville Drive have begun to hire several intern positions for college students and seeing how i'm a college student and have always wanted to work for the Greenville Drive, i'm going to apply for several of the positions available and hope to get one. Wish me good luck. More info: http://www.greenvilledrive.com/index.php?o...view&id=232

So if you get an intern position, does that mean you'll be comping tickets to your UP friends? :lol:

Just joking, already have my season passes. Can't wait! April 9th I believe.

If you need a letter of recommendation, I'm sure one of the moderators here would be glad to write one! :silly:

Kidding aside, good luck with the application! Please keep us posted.

Just joking, already have my season passes. Can't wait! April 9th I believe.

Who'd you have to bribe to get someone to call you back? I may invest in one of the half season or quarter season packages if April rolls around and it doesn't look like I'm going to be relocating any time soon.

Who'd you have to bribe to get someone to call you back? I may invest in one of the half season or quarter season packages if April rolls around and it doesn't look like I'm going to be relocating any time soon.

I haven't done too well getting The Drive office on the phone either. -_-

Talked with them at their booth they had set-up at Fall for Greenville and got the pricing. Went by the ballpark the next Monday and bought them.

I can hook you guys up with the name and number of my season ticket guy. I'm out of town this weekend, but I'll put it up when I get back.

Also should note that I've got a full season package, and will probably not be going to all the games, so I'll be letting go of tickets. If its not a problem with the board, I'll be putting them up on here. Good seats too, right behind the plate, on the aisle, a few rows up.

I've noticed that the kids playground at West End Field seems to have been removed. The concrete in that area is busted up and out in a dumpster. What's going on? Anyone know? Hopefully they're just replacing the playground with a larger one. The kids certainly enjoyed it. We'd barely get in the gate and my daughter would pester me to go to the playground. Hopefully they've not sold their soul at West End Field to gain a little more deck space in the "lawn and deck" (or whatever it's called this week) area.

I noticed the same thing driving by West End Field today. They have covered the fence next to the kids playground area with like grey plastic sheets. I heard they're redoing the kids playground area and that it is going to be bigger and better than before. I might be able to find out more information about it next week especially if I go in for a job interview. I also heard it should be complete by the beginning of the 2007 season in April.

Edited by g-man430

I noticed the same thing driving by West End Field today. They have covered the fence next to the kids playground area with like grey plastic sheets. I heard they're redoing the kids playground area and that it is going to be bigger and better than before. I might be able to find out more information about it next week especially if I go in for a job interview. I also heard it should be complete by the beginning of the 2007 season in April.

Thanks, g-man. That makes me feel somewhat better. I just wouldn't be able to exist in a world where that playground doesn't. I'd never hear the end of it from my kids (my daughter, at least).

[Note to UP readers: See the cryptic announcement buried in this release...]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

January 26th, 2007

MEDIA CONTACT: Eric Jarinko

(864) 240-4515

[email protected]

Meet Gabe Kapler On February 3rd

Drive to Officially Introduce New Manager at Haywood Mall

Greenville, S.C. – Gabe Kapler announcing his retirement from baseball on December 12th, 2006 could have been a loss to Red Sox fans everywhere. A fan favorite for not only his leadership on the field, but for also being a staple in the Boston community, Kapler was named the Drive’s manager that very same day, keeping him a part of Red Sox Nation.

On Saturday, February 3rd, the Drive will officially introduce Kapler as the team’s new manager at Haywood Mall. The free event will kick-off at 1 PM at the Center Court with music, Cracker Jacks, and the Drive’s lovable mascot, Reedy Rip’It.

Kapler will then be presented his Drive uniform during an open forum, in which he will be joined by Red Sox Director of Player Development, Mike Hazen, and Drive General Manager, Mike deMaine. Kapler and Hazen will then take part in a question and answer session with fans in attendance and members of the media.

“I’ve heard wonderful things about the City of Greenville and I’m looking forward to going there,” said Kapler at the time of his retirement. “This opportunity will allow me to make an impact in the lives of young men, not only to help them develop as baseball players, but also more importantly, as human beings.”

Prior to the open forum, Kapler will be available from 12 PM – 1 PM for autographs and photo opportunities with current Drive ticket plan holders. Season tickets and partial plans will also be available for purchase during the event.

The Drive will also make a special announcement during the press conference regarding West End Field.

“We are excited to be able to introduce an individual with the character and reputation of Gabe’s,” commented Drive General Manager Mike deMaine. “His ability to lead our players on the field, as well as set positive examples in the community, should excite the fans of Greenville Drive Baseball.”

A two-day Opening Day Gala at West End Field is scheduled for April 9 and 10, when the Drive start their 2007 home schedule versus the Columbus Catfish. Season tickets, partial plans, group outings and luxury suites for the 2007 season at West End Field are currently on sale and can be purchased by calling the Drive at (864) 240-4500.

Edited by Fiddlestix

The Drive will also make a special announcement during the press conference regarding West End Field.

Naming rights, perhaps? Or maybe just an announcement regarding all of the new additions/changes that we've learned about? :unsure: I'm going to be going over to Chapel Hill for Legopalooza after the Girl Scout Cookie Sale, so I'll have to miss this opportunity, I'm afraid.

My guess is that its the official announcement of the upgrades to the ballpark, even though they are already listed on the website, not many people know about them. They do need to get the word out and try to sell some of those new meeting places. What better place to "advertise" than when all your fans are assembled in one place. (I'm assuming there will be some good in game pushes for them as well.)