Greenville Drive Baseball

The Drive will have a viewing event for game 1 of the World Series tonight at West End Field. Sounds like a great event!

The gates open at 6:00.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/14413430/detail.html

Awesome! Go Sox! :)

I wonder if the Drive's affiliation with the Red Sox has resulted in more Red Sox fans in Greenville? It's obviously not to the level of Braves fans in the upstate, but I would like to know if Greenville has a decent number of Boston fans.

I wonder if the Drive's affiliation with the Red Sox has resulted in more Red Sox fans in Greenville? It's obviously not to the level of Braves fans in the upstate, but I would like to know if Greenville has a decent number of Boston fans.

I think perhaps it has, maybe. I couldn't walk 100 feet during Fall for Greenville this year without seeing someone wearing a Red Sox hat. It was pretty cool. I'm just looking forward to seeing that World Series Trophy at West End Field come April! :P I'm sure the Rockies have something to say about that, though....but at least it'd be a short drive to Asheville to see it there, too.

I think perhaps it has, maybe. I couldn't walk 100 feet during Fall for Greenville this year without seeing someone wearing a Red Sox hat. It was pretty cool. I'm just looking forward to seeing that World Series Trophy at West End Field come April! :P I'm sure the Rockies have something to say about that, though....but at least it'd be a short drive to Asheville to see it there, too.

That's right, the Rockies do have a team at the Asheville Tourists. I'd be surprised if the Drive and Tourists didn't jump on that connection, just being 60 miles apart.

Speaking of World Series trophies, anyone remember this:post-10095-1193264775_thumb.jpg

Edited by whitehourseview

That's right, the Rockies do have a team at the Asheville Tourists. I'd be surprised if the Drive and Tourists didn't jump on that connection, just being 60 miles apart.

It'd be cool if the Drive wore Red Sox jerseys and the Tourists wore Rockies jerseys during one game at each series (here and in Asheville).

Speaking of World Series trophies, anyone remember this:post-10095-1193264775_thumb.jpg

Yea, I remember...

128708929_6ee3417057.jpg

Geesh...my kids have gotten a lot bigger and my wife has gotten a lot smaller since April, 2005. :silly:

Edited by RestedTraveler

I was outside Fenway tonight, we kicked ass 13-1. Believe it or not, Greenville is very well known up here, because of Kapler, and its going to be interesting seeing Lester in Denver, at the World Series...when he was in Greenville at the beginning of the season. Anyways, I'll take more pics tomorrow, my camera phone died tonight, so I didn't get too many. And there is a slight chance that I'll get to go tomorrow night with my boss. F**K YEAH!!!! :w00t:

In a 4 game sweep, the Sox won!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

IMO, this will only continue to "drive" interest in The Drive, for the upcoming season. :thumbsup:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...eeping_victory/

It was neat growing up in the late 80's and 90's and seeing so many talented players go from the Greenville Braves to become important players on the great Braves teams. Guys like Andruw Jones, Javy Lopez, David Justice, Ryan Klesko, Steve Avery, Jeff Blauser, etc. were fun to follow as they went up the chain. Great to see that Greenville has another winner at the top of the baseball chain as a parent club, so players passing through play important roles on the national stage again.

It was neat growing up in the late 80's and 90's and seeing so many talented players go from the Greenville Braves to become important players on the great Braves teams. Guys like Andruw Jones, Javy Lopez, David Justice, Ryan Klesko, Steve Avery, Jeff Blauser, etc. were fun to follow as they went up the chain. Great to see that Greenville has another winner at the top of the baseball chain as a parent club, so players passing through play important roles on the national stage again.

As you may know the one thing literally burned (ohhh... Memory Burn!) in my memory is seeing the little (what appeared to be mennonite) girl jumping up and down at the gate with her camera at her excitement of seeing Micheal Jordon during his short minor league baseball stint. That's something you don't see everyday.

As you may know the one thing literally burned (ohhh... Memory Burn!) in my memory is seeing the little (what appeared to be mennonite) girl jumping up and down at the gate with her camera at her excitement of seeing Micheal Jordon during his short minor league baseball stint. That's something you don't see everyday.

Oh yeah, who could ever forget His Airness making two appearances at Municipal Stadium with the Birmingham Barons. I'm not sure the President has that many SUV's and security personnel following him around.

• 1 month later...

Greenville Drive add a Kids Club Program...

From the season ticket holder's email list:

You have asked!! You have requested!! And now it is here, the “2008 Reedy’s Rascals Kids Club”. Once again, we have added another special program for your family here at West End Field from the Greenville Drive. Feel free to pass along this information to other co-workers, employees, friends and families that you think would be interested in joining the Greenville Drive family. Look at the attachment for further information, and if you have any questions after viewing the attachment, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and Thank you in advance!!

Membership is $25, and limited to kids under 13.

Included is a personalized kids club T-shirt with name and number

kids club pennant

1 terrace ticket to to games

kids club pre game party

player autographs and meet and greet

a set of minor league mascot trading cards

and the first 100 to join get a reedy rip it bobble head.

Edited by GE Turbine Man

• 3 weeks later...

The Clemson vs. Furman game on May 7th will be played at West End Field. :thumbsup:

Article:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/stories/011008aal.html

GREAT! That will be right after the semester ends, so I'll be in town! The Clemson/Wofford game last season was a huge success!

Will South Carolina be playing at West End Field this year?

GREAT! That will be right after the semester ends, so I'll be in town! The Clemson/Wofford game last season was a huge success!

Will South Carolina be playing at West End Field this year?

This means Furman will play at West End three times this season!

From the article: "The Paladins will make three appearances at West End Field in 2008, including an Apr. 22 contest against South Carolina and May 13 clash versus Tennessee."

This means Furman will play at West End three times this season!

From the article: "The Paladins will make three appearances at West End Field in 2008, including an Apr. 22 contest against South Carolina and May 13 clash versus Tennessee."

:lol: Thanks, I didn't read the article, if you didn't notice, haha. South Carolina and Clemson will definitely draw sell-outs, hopefully Tennessee will as well.

Does anyone know what the schools get out of it, and what the ballpark gets out of it?? Does one get admission and one get concessions? Or is it just a split of some sort, or maybe a flat fee??

Edited by GvilleSC

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/mino..._the_avalanche/

Here's some news from last month... the Red Sox purchased the Salem Avalanche... high A franchise in Virginia. It seems a little screwy, but the Salem franchise will keep their affiliation with the Houston Astros. The Lancaster Jethawks, the high-A minor league team of the Red Sox is in California. The Jethawks' contract with the Red Sox expires after the 2008 season, as does the Avalanche's contract with the Astros.