Greenville Drive Baseball

The Drive have some of the best marketing folks in the country behind them. What is your problem? Good grief. Chill out. It's not like it's a matter of life and death. This is pure entertainment. You certainly don't have to attend any of the games. As a matter of fact, you sound like you hate everything bout The Drive. I hope you don't come to the games if you feel this way about them.

Sorry that my differing opinion bothers you, gman. I said the team was wonderful but the name isn't. And the stadium is one of - if not THE - best in the US. You quite obviously missed all that when you began assuming I "hate everything about the Drive."

OK, I'll chill out on the name. As it was pointed out, it's been 4 years now. Time to move on. Apologies to all the people offended by "my problem."

GO DRIVE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got in from a Drive game....left at the top of the 5th as the Drive was losing....10 to 5. BUT, the exciting part....new this year, the 500 Club now has a full bar (no longer just beer) and serves any and all mixed drinks. As a vodka drinker, no Kettle One, but they did have Stoli, Grey Goose and other premiums. So great to go a baseball game now and really be able to get a drink!!!!! Cheers! :alc:

Just got in from a Drive game....left at the top of the 5th as the Drive was losing....10 to 5. BUT, the exciting part....new this year, the 500 Club now has a full bar (no longer just beer) and serves any and all mixed drinks. As a vodka drinker, no Kettle One, but they did have Stoli, Grey Goose and other premiums. So great to go a baseball game now and really be able to get a drink!!!!! Cheers! :alc:

I wish UP had the facebook 'i like' feature. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice! How much are their drinks, generally speaking?

Ok, I just HAVE to...

So this is where we advocate "Drink and Drive?" grin.png

:rofl: That was quick!!!! :rofl:

One thing that I might mention......I sat in area 107, which faces toward downtown. The new Custom House even just at 3 levels now, fills in the space between the Fieldhouse and the Drive's electronic board perfectly. When finshed, it should look great and give Fluor Field a more neighborhood feel.

Edited by gsupstate

One thing that I might mention......I sat in area 107, which faces toward downtown. The new Custom House even just at 3 levels now, fills in the space between the Fieldhouse and the Drive's electronic board perfectly. When finshed, it should look great and give Fluor Field a more neighborhood feel.

Awesome! I love it! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

It was reported here that this year's Drive attendance is averaging better than last year through the same number of games! While we can't make conclusions about the year's numbers at this point, it's definitely encouraging to have such enthusiastic continued support for our baseball team!

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Food item and alcoholic beverage selections are slated to be increased. Verizon Power Alley will be located in old Dunkin Donuts picnic shelter. This year's slogan is "Year of the Fan." New restaurants scheduled for the ballpark this season:

Tony C's Italian

Sweet Caroline dessets and ice cream (in old Fenway Market/Salsarita's space)

BBQ resturant (name TBD)

*All info above subject to change.

Food item and alcoholic beverage selections are slated to be increased. Verizon Power Alley will be located in old Dunkin Donuts picnic shelter. This year's slogan is "Year of the Fan." New restaurants scheduled for the ballpark this season:

Tony C's Italian

Sweet Caroline dessets and ice cream (in old Fenway Market/Salsarita's space)

BBQ resturant (name TBD)

*All info above subject to change.

Sounds good. I'm ready for some baseball.

Chick-Fil-A will be moving to where Textile Grill was last season. Subway will be putting a restaurant stand where Chick-Fil-A was. The BBQ restaurant going in now has a name but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

Edited by citylife