Where are you from?

greystone98

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, it's been almost a week and the results are as follows

--- surely there are more of us than this?

1. Alabama ------ 4 votes... 17%

2. Arkansas ------ 3 votes... 12.5%

3. Florida --------- 2 votes..... 8%

4. Georgia -------- 5 votes... 21%

5. Kentucky ------ 1 vote...... 4%

6. Louisiana ------ 1 vote...... 4%

7. Mississippi

8. North Carolina- 1 vote...... 4%

9. Oklahoma

10. South Carolina-5 votes... 21%

11. Tennessee ---- 2 votes..... 8%

12. Texas

[Percentages are of the 24 votes tallied thus far.]

Plus one NC transplant now living in Las Vegas. :)

I see some of the SC folks showed up. Now tied with GA at 5 votes each.

Sorry, I didn't include MD. I just don't think of Maryland as part of the SE but I certainly could be mistaken, having only visited briefly.

Greystone, I did not any umbridge at not having Maryland included. You had the Vegasite from NC and with me you had the Marylander from TN. As you can tell, I can claim 6 different Southern States if I like. I claim to be a Southerner first, Tennessean second, and a Marylander third. Oh, I forgot I have lived in DC as well. If my old brain would work, I might be able to claim something else. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I went back down to Tennessee this past weekend and it made me think of the one true way that you can determine if you live in the South or not. Do they offer Sweet Tea at restaurants. I know of a few places in Maryland, but it is not very well spread. Maryland is not part of the South. LouisvilleSlugger might want to answer that question regarding Louisville, but I don't think that they offer Sweet Tea either. It is a definitive marker for being Southern.

• 2 months later...

First 6 years of life in central Jersey, the next 12 years in central NC, 4 years and counting back in central jersey for college but i doubt ill be here 2 more years to be even :P

Most likely Columbia will be my next move as im hoping to be accepted to USC in a year from now but i am in either Charleston, SC or Pinehurst, NC if im not in school.

Archived