Tiffany Plans Nashville Store

rocket9561

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there you go. I propose a toast! A toast to more BMW's and Mercede's in the Green Hills parking lot *cough* parking garage I mean. Here, here!!!!

I guess we can now be called a city of "The finer things in life." That's cool none the less. Just a bit outta my price range. LOL!!!!

Well there you go. I propose a toast! A toast to more BMW's and Mercede's in the Green Hills parking lot *cough* parking garage I mean. Here, here!!!!

I guess we can now be called a city of "The finer things in life." That's cool none the less. Just a bit outta my price range. LOL!!!!

Just goes to show the kind of jobs Nashville is attracting. The fastest growing part of the metro is Williamson county and that's very wealthy growth. Hendersonville has gone from being a pretty middle class suburb to an increasingly upper-middle class area with new subdivsions having homes starting in the $1,000,000 range. Higher-end retail outlets are opening up here in the new Streets of Indian Lake and a billboard on Old Shackle Island Rd advertises "High-end Retail Coming to Hendersonville 2007" at the Pinnacle of Sumner Point. Cool Springs certainly isn't seeing a slow down and this addition to Green Hills is one of many announced over the past year. It's not all good I suppose, who knows how much longer I'll be able to afford Hendersonville? heh.

Yes, there's a high end boom going on in Nashville. Especially at Green Hills. They're adding 12 new stores there as well, all of them high end. Pretty soon, all those high end shoppers who feel they have to go to Atlanta or even farther away to shop, will be able to spend their big bucks in Nashville.

Yes, there's a high end boom going on in Nashville. Especially at Green Hills. They're adding 12 new stores there as well, all of them high end. Pretty soon, all those high end shoppers who feel they have to go to Atlanta or even farther away to shop, will be able to spend their big bucks in Nashville.

I'd call them more low upper-middle end. lol :)

There is a similar spike in high end also going on in Charlotte, where alot of people would drive to Atlanta for stuff, but now SouthPark has gotten alot of stores, and we're getting a Neiman Marcus(the first one in the Carolinas), and also Bloomingdales.......I think Nashville should have alot more high end stores, after all, it is a big tourist spot right? Charleston has a Gucci.....i dont see why Nashville shouldnt have one

I believe the demographics of the area are the influencing factors in whether or not high-end retailers open in a city than the tourist count. Green Hills is only, what, 3 miles from the downtown core and really not much on the tourist maps. I'm just glad GH is in town and not out in the boonies somewhere.

The tourists are more interested in Bass Pro and Dave & Busters (at Mills) more than likely. But, on the other hand, I do believe the Cheesecake Factory will have many of the tourists with cash heading to Green Hills. With tourists nowadays taking on all shapes, sizes and wallet thickness, they end up all over the place.

Yesterday's rumor has it that Crate & Barrel is coming to Bellevue. This is one I hope is not true, that one belongs well into the city, even downtown. It would be a destination store, not just a stop along the way to something else. There's a lot of new stores around. The Belks are new to the market, as is Dick's Sporting Goods, Whole Foods and who knows what else. There's so much retail construction going on, especially in Wilson, Sumner, Rutherford, and Williamson counties, there's no telling what all we'll see when it's all said and done...if it ever is.

Anyway, we've been criticized for not having some of these high-end stores, so if that's partly what it takes to validate us, especially to other people besides ourselves, then so be it.

There is a similar spike in high end also going on in Charlotte, where alot of people would drive to Atlanta for stuff, but now SouthPark has gotten alot of stores, and we're getting a Neiman Marcus(the first one in the Carolinas), and also Bloomingdales.......I think Nashville should have alot more high end stores, after all, it is a big tourist spot right? Charleston has a Gucci.....i dont see why Nashville shouldnt have one

Louis Vuitton is now committed to the Mall...surely Gucci won't be far behind.

I believe the demographics of the area are the influencing factors in whether or not high-end retailers open in a city than the tourist count. Green Hills is only, what, 3 miles from the downtown core and really not much on the tourist maps. I'm just glad GH is in town and not out in the boonies somewhere.

The tourists are more interested in Bass Pro and Dave & Busters (at Mills) more than likely. But, on the other hand, I do believe the Cheesecake Factory will have many of the tourists with cash heading to Green Hills. With tourists nowadays taking on all shapes, sizes and wallet thickness, they end up all over the place.

Yesterday's rumor has it that Crate & Barrel is coming to Bellevue. This is one I hope is not true, that one belongs well into the city, even downtown. It would be a destination store, not just a stop along the way to something else. There's a lot of new stores around. The Belks are new to the market, as is Dick's Sporting Goods, Whole Foods and who knows what else. There's so much retail construction going on, especially in Wilson, Sumner, Rutherford, and Williamson counties, there's no telling what all we'll see when it's all said and done...if it ever is.

Anyway, we've been criticized for not having some of these high-end stores, so if that's partly what it takes to validate us, especially to other people besides ourselves, then so be it.

Ew, I hope it doesn't end up in Bellevue! Last I heard that mall was going down the drain. Is that still true? Not to mention of course it is out in the middle of nowhere. Whatever happened to that rumor that Crate and Barrel was headed to the Gulch?

Great stores for a visually unattractive area of the City. It would be nice if the area worked a little harder to take on the feel of an urban village instead of a 1950's shopping mecca that has morphed into a large parking lot. Green hills has so much potential. Adding sidewalks, trees, and pedestrian scale lights along Hillsoboro would be a good start....a project that has been on the books since 1998. Also, building verticle on Bandywood, including structured parking would be a nice reuse of the area. Lastly, shared parking, increased pedestrian connectivity, and an overall beautification program would go a long way.

Personally, I see no reason why the mall could not create a village atmosphere in the large north parking lot. they could build strucutred parking and line the ground floor with new stores to create a more intimate scale.

I hope that local residents will lobby council to finally allocate the funding necessary to improve Hillsboro Pike. This will make all the difference the heart of the area.

Ew, I hope it doesn't end up in Bellevue! Last I heard that mall was going down the drain. Is that still true? Not to mention of course it is out in the middle of nowhere. Whatever happened to that rumor that Crate and Barrel was headed to the Gulch?

Crate & Barrel has been listed as a tenant for Sumner Point in Hendersonville since the project was announced. However, since the project has been changed since then I don't know if they are still in or will move to the sister development at Indian Lake.

Great stores for a visually unattractive area of the City. It would be nice if the area worked a little harder to take on the feel of an urban village instead of a 1950's shopping mecca that has morphed into a large parking lot. Green hills has so much potential. Adding sidewalks, trees, and pedestrian scale lights along Hillsoboro would be a good start....a project that has been on the books since 1998. Also, building verticle on Bandywood, including structured parking would be a nice reuse of the area. Lastly, shared parking, increased pedestrian connectivity, and an overall beautification program would go a long way.

Personally, I see no reason why the mall could not create a village atmosphere in the large north parking lot. they could build strucutred parking and line the ground floor with new stores to create a more intimate scale.

I hope that local residents will lobby council to finally allocate the funding necessary to improve Hillsboro Pike. This will make all the difference the heart of the area.

Those are some very good suggestions, IMO. I think some civic leaders should be taking some notes!

The wife already has a bag picked out she wants to add to the collection.

As one of the wealthiest areas in the country, it's only natural to have these types of stores at some point. Now is a great time. My hats off to the development company at the mall. They are good.

I think it's aimed at the locals. Tourists rich enough to buy at Tiffany's would probably buy at home.

Hard to say what tourists bring to the shopping aspect of a city. Well, we all know T-shirt shops, right? :lol:

A city as poor as New Orleans has had a downtown Saks, Brooks Brothers, Macy's, and Gucci for a good 25 years now (a downtown Lord and Taylor too, but didn't they pull out of the South?).

All cities are a little bit different. New Orleans has an upperclass as rich as King Farouk. The Saks reputedly leads the nation in evening gown sales (drag queen and Mardi Gras balls). While NO's tourism trade draws the drunken college crowds, I think it also draws a more upscale, wealthier bunch than Nashville as well.

So, overall, to draw some sort of comparison here, I'd say that the new Tiffany's is aimed at the locals.

i remember a few years back when rolls royce had talked about opening a dealership on music circle and somehow the locals turned it down because it would have cars parked in the front. anyone else remember this? it was in the tennessean. rolls royce was saying that their atlanta dealership was getting several people coming from middle tennessee to buy them there.

i remember a few years back when rolls royce had talked about opening a dealership on music circle and somehow the locals turned it down because it would have cars parked in the front. anyone else remember this? it was in the tennessean. rolls royce was saying that their atlanta dealership was getting several people coming from middle tennessee to buy them there.

I remember that proposal but I heard the issue was the liability exposure due to past environmental problems on the property. Basically who would take the hit if the development discovered noncompliance issues with the site. That suprised me because I thought Tennessee had passed progressive 'brown field' protections to encourage urban development. This site may not have qualified as a brown field.

But you are correct the PR for the announcement mentioned entertainers and sports stars that were trekking down to Atlanta for their Rolls/Bentley fix.

Hm. So where am I gonna shop? I'll stick with TJMaxx, good brands, last years model...sort of like me. None of this really high-end stuff does me any good, I'm not cut from that cloth, but I'm glad the city's profile is being raised. Mind you, I don't avoid the good stuff, I just avoid retail prices most of the time.

Of course, for fun, you could go to the "other" forum and see that respect for Nashville is as it always been, non-existant. They've already posted the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" ....is now cornbread and gravy. It's best to avoid the place imo. I like you guys much better.

I'm really truly glad those people live somewhere else.

On the Crate and Barrel note, now that's one I can enjoy and could see Hendersonville as viable but only if there's one near town too. I'd just love to see something like this in the city with maybe a Express Targe on the other side for those little "incidentals."

Of course, for fun, you could go to the "other" forum and see that respect for Nashville is as it always been, non-existant. They've already posted the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" ....is now cornbread and gravy. It's best to avoid the place imo. I like you guys much better.

I'm really truly glad those people live somewhere else.

Hey, I just went over to that "other" forum to check out what was being said about Nashville there. It's pathetic. This forum has class - that "other" forum has NO class. I'm here to stay, guys.

If you think it's bad over there now you should have been over there circa 2001-2002 during the great Charlotte vs. Nashville melee.

Yeah. Those could get really nasty. I don't know how many people got banned as a direct result of those fights.

Archived