Hampton Inn

it's just dave

I just drove by the Hampton Suites site off 4th and men were all over the place putting up various stakes and little pink flags. Either there's a gay picnic going on soon, or ground breaking has happened. I vote the latter. The land has been bulldozed flat, so I guess we've got a new one to watch grow.

Another parking lot bites the dust in SoBro. That's always good news.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just drove by the Hampton Suites site off 4th and men were all over the place putting up various stakes and little pink flags. Either there's a gay picnic going on soon, or ground breaking has happened. I vote the latter. The land has been bulldozed flat, so I guess we've got a new one to watch grow.

Another parking lot bites the dust in SoBro. That's always good news.

Does anyone know how large a project this is?

Ha ha Dave. Gay picnic?? I guess youre one of the few that could make that joke!

I will say it like ive said it before....good news is always good.

BTW Gateway Blvd is moving right along now days. The whole SoBro area has came an extra long way from just a few short years.

Do we know what sort of materials the Hampton folks will be deploying on downtown? I sincerely hope that it will be NICE materials, rather than the usual ensemble of fakey brick cladding topped by styrofoam stucco.

The underground parking is definitely a big plus, though!

By the way, my name is Nathan and this is my first post on Urban Planet. I lived in Nashville for eight years before heading off to Savannah for graduate school last January (Masters in Architectural History, Savannah College of Art and Design). I love Nashville and have loved reading this forum!

Now it is time that I contributed, assuming I have the capacity to do so...

Does anyone know how many rooms are in the Hampton Inn&Suites at Peabody Place in Memphis? It's seven stories as well, but I wasn't sure how many rooms are in it. I know that they have a banner over one of the skyways going from the hotel to Peabody Place saying that it is the busiest Hampton Inn in the world. It was actually built by the Peabody Hotel Group as an alternative to when the Peabody is overbooked...I believe it. The rates are much higher than your typical Hampton Inn.

Do we know what sort of materials the Hampton folks will be deploying on downtown? I sincerely hope that it will be NICE materials, rather than the usual ensemble of fakey brick cladding topped by styrofoam stucco.

By the way, my name is Nathan and this is my first post on Urban Planet. I lived in Nashville for eight years before heading off to Savannah for graduate school last January (Masters in Architectural History, Savannah College of Art and Design). I love Nashville and have loved reading this forum!

Welcome to the forum. We all look forward to hearing from again. Savannah is a beautiful, very historic town with marvelous architecture. I love the River Street (I hope I got the name right) area there.

NEW BLOOD!! WOO HOO!!! I love it.

Welcome to the forum. I hope to hear more from you as time goes on. I look forward to more discussions in the future.

Your hospitality and kindness are more than appreciated!

Just so you know, though...I am currently on a study abroad program in the South of France, so my contributions to the forum might come at odd times! We are seven hours ahead of Tennessee, I believe...

But I am already a huge fan of this community and can't wait to become friends with everybody!

So, in symbolic procession to the glorious Nashville topic at hand...

...any word on Hampton Inn's exterior materials?

...and thank you for the warm welcome!

Does anyone know how many rooms are in the Hampton Inn&Suites at Peabody Place in Memphis? It's seven stories as well, but I wasn't sure how many rooms are in it. I know that they have a banner over one of the skyways going from the hotel to Peabody Place saying that it is the busiest Hampton Inn in the world. It was actually built by the Peabody Hotel Group as an alternative to when the Peabody is overbooked...I believe it. The rates are much higher than your typical Hampton Inn.

The hotel has 144 rentable rooms/suites.

I think it's supposed to be a larger version of the one in Green Hills. All brick and limestone. William said we could see a rendering soon, so we can only guess at this point. I just saw a picture of the new one in Louisville. It looked all stucco-looking. Yuck.

Here's a glimpse at Green Hills. This is what we need downtown.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/...ctyhocn=BNAGHHX

And speaking of P.F. Changs, I just ate at Pei Wei in Brentwood. I believe it's owned by Changs. I like it. It was like P.F. Changs ... fast food. Very nice facility. The place was packed and my friend and I placed bets that we were the only people originally from Tennessee in the place.

Are there still only two P.F. Changs in town? Have to make my rounds, ya know.

^ I have yet to see any renderings. Could somebody post the pic dog-gone-it!!!!

If you go on the city paper's website they have a pdf of each day's issue viewable online. i don't know how to copy pics from a pdf, but its free to check it (although i think you have to sign up - but thats free too). its in the business section btw

Hmmmmmm.........I'll reserve my full opinion about it till I see a better render. It appears to be bland and quite "cookie cutter" but that is a bad pic so I guess it could look different in person. Just doesn't look like it should be downtown though. More like something out by Cool Springs and Maryland Farms perhaps, just not downtown. Than again, I have never been one that thinks downtown Nashville needs a Hampton Inn anyways. Infill is great, but a bad job of filling can ruin that side of the pie.

From the pic in NCP, it's a dog. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until it's already built until we know how it really looks. I guess one of the rewards to being first on the block (literally) is there aren't any other neighbors to b*tch about your new ugly building coming in. In my verrry limited knowledge of the hospitality industry, I think this hotel will be a slam dunk... er a homerun (profit wise anyway). Heck go ahead and make it 200 rooms.

• 1 year later...

Archived