Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M. Brown

UP's new Homepage

ironchapman    1

Why thanks. Take note of our development maps and google search that we added. The maps are something that we hope to expand on as time goes on.

Those maps must have taken quite a while to create. I've heard it was one of the last things finished.

Excellent job on the whole thing :shades:

NCB    1

Great job on the whole thing guys. The homepage looks great, and I cant wait to what future updates to the site will look like.

ironchapman    1

And it looks like the Homepage is only running on a beta version of the software its running on.

I guess so.

Apparently, the old portal still exists (for those who are curious). Here

monsoon    0

^You must be thankful for RSS Feeds then, eh? :P

I like the newer layouts, they look more sophisticated.

Uhh no, RSS would not have helped with creating that front page.

ironchapman    1

Uhh no, RSS would not have helped with creating that front page.

I was thinking of the daily article. It sounded like you had to find a new one each day.

monsoon    0

I was thinking of the daily article. It sounded like you had to find a new one each day.

along with generating each of those photos, hosting them, and putting together all the links that sent it to a real thread on UP.

Spartan    682

That setup was very well intentioned, but in reality a difficult one to maintain. But in retrospect, it was harder because we had less activity than we do now. With all of the activity we have going on at UP these days, that old system could be easier to maintain! That said, the new portal is quite awsome :shades: