Simpsonville Developments

perrykat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1,000-home project in works near Simpsonville The Greenville, SC News (11/03/2005)

The project would span about 320 acres at West Georgia and Fork Shoals Roads. It would take 12 to 14 years to complete. Possible shops include a supermarket, ice cream shop, dry cleaners, etc.

Public meetings to gain input for a master plan of this area will be at Hyatt Regency Greenville on 11/09, 10, 11, 13, 14, and 16.

I will miss the ruralness of this area in a few years. West Georgia Road is where the action is going to now. Before the first houses go up, you will have a vastly improved interchange with 385 and the new Woodmont High School at the intersection with Reedy Fork Road. I hope plans are being considered to widen West Georgia Road out towards US 25.

GREENVILLE COUNTY :wacko: growth growth growth everywhere!

Too bad this project is out in Simpsonville :angry: , but it could really be a positive. A more dense suburb would produce a more viable mass transit option and plan. Also, this SHOULD help with the usage of the Southern Connector! So, maybe something good will come out of this, what i would call a minurature Verdae development in the suburbs...

Thats why I like to see Transit Oriented Development (TOD). It doesn't have to use transit immediately, but to have it set up for the future is a good thing. Unfortunately the people who live in the areas that are growing don't like to see thigns they associate with the 'city' in their vicinity.

• 5 months later...

This belongs in the Greenville forum, doesn't it?

In my opinion I doubt it. Greenville has some influence in its growth. Simpsonville, when joined with Mauldin and Fountain Inn, can stand alone with shared interests being "The Golden Strip", similar to the levels of Anderson, Easley-Powdersville and Greer. It is a breath of fresh air to know what is happening outside of Greenville.

What does that mean exactly? Everything happening around Greenville is directly related to Greenville, especially within the county itself. I don't have a problem with suburbs having their own threads, but you can't seperate the bustling suburban dwellings from the central urban core, IMO. In the end, they all make up the place we call Greenville. ;)

Off topic:

Yes, Simpsonville and Greenville are in the same county. No, Simpsonville is not Greenville. Both cities are making significant strides to make identities for themselves.

Keep in mind Simpsonville would not receive much attention undersized by a host of Greenville topics. Simpsonville, when part of "The Golden Strip", is on the same level as Anderson, Easley/Powdersville, Greenwood and Greer, cities strong enough to maintain a presence on the "Upstate SC Metros" forum.

On topic:

How soon will it be until West Georgia Road is widened to four lanes to US-25?

I agree. And I'm interested in what's happening here, but I rarely check the Upstate section. This IS Greater Greenville

I agree. I'm out and about in different suburbs all the time, but never think to look here under "Upstate" for the info on them. The suburbs are part of Greenville. Separating out Simpsonville would be like separating Lexington from Columbia or Mt. Pleasant from Charleston. Just makes no sense.

I agree. I'm out and about in different suburbs all the time, but never think to look here under "Upstate" for the info on them. The suburbs are part of Greenville. Separating out Simpsonville would be like separating Lexington from Columbia or Mt. Pleasant from Charleston. Just makes no sense.

Good Analogy. Personally I view the "Upstate SC Metros" area as your place to talk about Anderson, Clemson, Laurens...etc. Not Mauldin, Simpsonville, Fountain Inn, Greer, Travelers Rest, or Easley--see a pattern? They are SUBURBS of GREENVILLE! :)

Good Analogy. Personally I view the "Upstate SC Metros" area as your place to talk about Anderson, Clemson, Laurens...etc. Not Mauldin, Simpsonville, Fountain Inn, Greer, Travelers Rest, or Easley--see a pattern? They are SUBURBS of GREENVILLE! :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree. And I'm interested in what's happening here, but I rarely check the Upstate section. This IS Greater Greenville

You (and everyone else) should start checking the Upstate section more regularly. The reason we have the Upstate section is because we are a much more connected community than the Midlands, Pee Dee, or Lowcountry.

I live in Simpsonville, but you can't deny that its growth is definetly tied to Greenville. Thats why I moved here. To be close to Greenville, but not stuck in traffic day in and day out.

Hah, well Simpsonville may not have been the best move... traffic there will only get worse as Greenville's sprawl spreads in that direction. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived