Florida | Government Buildings

Florida

Government Buildings: State of Florida

DSCF2574.jpg

In View (Left to Right): Caldwell Building, The Capitols

DSCF2576.jpg

Fletcher, Turlington, Caldwell

Please feel free to comment on anything. Tell us if you like the buildings, tell us how ugly they are. Do you see something that you'd improve to spruce them up? We need to know, because eventually the right person is going to come along and try to do something about it.

Enjoy!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mayo building looks like a dorm

:lol: Funny. I think you're right!

One thing about the Mayo building is its great location downtown. If only it were a more attractive, more colorful building.

Any ideas for would could be done to it, or what could replace it that would enhance the skyline?

Quesiton for All:

(More than make it taller please)

:lol: Funny. I think you're right!

One thing about the Mayo building is its great location downtown. If only it were a more attractive, more colorful building.

Any ideas for would could be done to it, or what could replace it that would enhance the skyline?

Quesiton for All:

(More than make it taller please)

The funny thing is I'm not really a big fan of "Make it taller." It really doesn't matter to me how tall or short it is, just as long as it fulfills it's purpose.

I am, however, a big fan of brick, but considering the rest of the government buildings have sort of a white classic feeling (I know nothing of archetecture) maybe something like "White Elephant" building (hey I like the windows on it! :D )

The Bloxham Building reminds me of Leon High.........I think it's the prettiest of the buildings. It reminds me of the Spanish-style architecture that's so abundant in Florida.

The White Elephant - it's imposing, but it's also uninspiring. I don't know when it was built, but it strikes me of the typical Post Modern, concret slab buildings.

I love the entrance to the Claude Pepper Building. Funny thing.....FSU also has a Claude Pepper Building, which is right next to the telecom building where I work.

The Mayo building......geez, all those steps ya gotta walk up? It's like the Mayan ruins :shok: Isn't it on a steep incline adjacent to Pensacola Street? It's interesting, but at the same time perplexing on how P'cola has a 20% grade downtown!

DaiDreamer, the Knott Building reminds me of a dorm :P

The Bloxham Building reminds me of Leon High.........I think it's the prettiest of the buildings. It reminds me of the Spanish-style architecture that's so abundant in Florida.
I agree 100% That was exactly what I was thinking while taking the picture. If only all of our local high schools looked like Leon. (GO LINCOLN, WHOO :yahoo: !!)

The White Elephant - it's imposing, but it's also uninspiring. I don't know when it was built, but it strikes me of the typical Post Modern, concret slab buildings.

My mother used to work in one of the two elephants and she reports it was nice inside. I feel like the elephants would make good "Night Lighting" projects. I've sent e-mail and pictures to the director of facilities management, no response as usual, but I will be forwarding that e-mail to the cultural resource commission. I think those two buildings could be used to make the city's core look more inviting at night from the Southside of town, and such a project would play well with the Cascades Park improvements, especially if they're going with the ampitheatre concept.

I love the entrance to the Claude Pepper Building. Funny thing.....FSU also has a Claude Pepper Building, which is right next to the telecom building where I work.

Claude also has a little something out at the Airport. He's just a popular guy around here isn't he!? He definately has one of the more attractive buildings downtown named after him.

Archived