Cosmo 418

vdogg

The vacant property, wedged between two parking lots, is in the 400 block of Granby Street in Norfolk. It is 19 feet wide on Granby and 141 feet deep to Monticello Avenue. Hassan wants to build 16 condos and a restaurant there.

The 11-story building will have 16 condos and a ground-floor restaurant about 1,600 to 2,000 square feet in size, a rooftop garden and a clubhouse. Residents will enter a lobby from Monticello Avenue. Some of the condos are designed for two floors. The elevator will open on the 10th floor, which is the penthouse.....

:huh: .....Insidebiz

edit: merged/renamed

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vacant property, wedged between two parking lots, is in the 400 block of Granby Street in Norfolk. It is 19 feet wide on Granby and 141 feet deep to Monticello Avenue. Hassan wants to build 16 condos and a restaurant there.

The 11-story building will have 16 condos and a ground-floor restaurant about 1,600 to 2,000 square feet in size, a rooftop garden and a clubhouse. Residents will enter a lobby from Monticello Avenue. Some of the condos are designed for two floors. The elevator will open on the 10th floor, which is the penthouse.....

:huh: .....Insidebiz

This is a pretty cool proposal I must say. It's a good "filler project" and is truly unique to the area. Hopefully its neighboring parking lots might be redeveloped next :thumbsup:

The synergy just seems to keep going for urban living DT. This is a really unique project and I like that. A roof top garden and CAT 6 wiring and an audio visual home theater. The condos fees of $250 would be steep but I guess those who can afford these units have that kind of money anyway lol. I am impressed though.

I say this has to be one of the most artistic and innovative buildings ever considered for Norfolk. While not very tall it has that cosmopolitan feel (yet another building named Cosmo, can we get off that please? :lol: ) that gives you the feeling of being in a truly major city. It seems that Norfolks condos craze is only gaining speed. This is yet the 3rd condos tower announced in the last 4 months (the other 2 being the 20 story on brambleton near the hague and the other 20 story apartment tower for Church street). :) It appears that Granby is finally regaining some of its former luster. Also, this will be yet another tower crane to add to this street next year, you gotta love that. :shades:

I can't see these images, are these renderings of the project?

We had a pretty bad outage last night and had to resort to backup. As a result all post from 10pm last night to 9:30 this morning were lost. I have the renderings saved in my photobucket account and will repost them as soon as I am able to.

Cosmo4182.jpg

Cosmo4181.jpg

Cosmo4183.jpg

Archived