Cosmo 418

vdogg

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but this is gonna look perfect in that location. :)

home_02.jpg

There are parking lots on either side of this parcel of land.

Actually, there are buildings on either side. I believe that was the reason this parcel of land is so small. Anyone else have pics of the area as it exist currently?

I'm sorry but this is gonna look perfect in that location. :)

home_02.jpg

Actually, there are buildings on either side. I believe that was the reason this parcel of land is so small. Anyone else have pics of the area as it exist currently?

is this directly in downtown, bc i didnt really notice too many parking lots on granby anymore?

Damn, I like these renderings so much I can hardly contain myself. This is so DC ! This type of archhitecture is just what we need in Hampton Roads! So innovative and full of style.

What I'm hoping is that this building will become such an icon that people will start demanding better architecture in this area. This could really set the bar.

It also reminds me of something that would be in Minneapolis too. I'm overjoyed that developers seem to developing the lots as soon as possible. Now I would like to make a current list a planned/UC housing towers so that I don't forget any. Please let me know if this list is not correct.

1. Harbor's Edge (17 stories)

2. Harbor Heights (16-17 stories)

3. Granby Tower (31 stories)

4. Kotarides Tower (18-20 stories)

5. 20 story tower near Scope/Church street

6. Another 20 story tower near Scope/Church street

7. Cosmo 418 (11 stories)

8. Condos on top of Hilton

Am I missing anything?

This building is slick. I like its style. Its design is new and fresh that this area really needs to capitalize on. With it being near the site of Granby Tower, I think its a good infill development.

There is mentioned a proposed 12 story office tower on the current site of Kirn's Library! This should also help with the infill around the MacMall.

Has this one been mentioned before or am I slipping these days?

I posted an article today from Sunday's Pilot. Its in the "Norfolk Transportation" thread. Its focus is on Norfolk's light rail plan. It mentions a 12 story building on the site of the Kirn library that ties in with the light rail system.

^^^ Thanks Coupe, exactly what I thought. The lot is sandwiched between 2 buildings. Nobody would build a building that skinny unless they had to.

Didn't the article say that it is sanwiched between two parking lots? I think that might be why the windows are so small. When (not if) two buildings are built beside it, the people living there will not have a huge open window that faces... a wall. And there will probably have to be enough space to let in some sunlight.

Didn't the article say that it is sanwiched between two parking lots? I think that might be why the windows are so small.

Did you mean 2 buildings? I don't see why the windows would need to be small if they were between 2 open parking lots. The way I looked at the aerial, it appeared that the land was indeed between 2 buildings. :huh:

Archived