Cosmo 418

vdogg

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how this building can be that narrow and that tall and still be structurally safe. It looks like it would fall over if the the wind ever jit it from the side at more that 20 miles per hour.

Actually they can go much higher than that and still be safe. It is no different than the pencil towers that have been built before it or the collection of flatiron buildings that are out there.

I don't see how this building can be that narrow and that tall and still be structurally safe. It looks like it would fall over if the the wind ever jit it from the side at more that 20 miles per hour.

[/quot

You think that's tall and narrow? Oh, that's nothing. You should see the rendering for Mandeville Place or 1441 Chestnut in Philly, check em out at Emporis.com Tall and narrow towers are my favorite, so gigantic but elegant at the same time.

So this is a done deal?

Has the city already signed off on it?

IF so, dang that was quick! :lol:

I have seen nothing on the design review committee docket to indicate that they've made a decision on this project yet nor do I see it penciled in on the upcoming agenda. I'll check again this afternoon but it may be a few months before this process truly gets rolling.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, I've been viewing this site for awhile and just registered today. I live in the Hecht building on the corner of Duke and Tazewell. It was the first loft conversion in Norfolk. Anyway I have access to great views of downtown and construction so I will be sending pics soon.

I did see that Cosmo418 was listed on here some weeks ago, but has been taken off since. Does anyone know the status of this building? cosmo418.com The architecture is awesome!

Now I'll post this in the correct thread.

I just looked on Remax and they are already selling the condos for the Cosmo. It says on the site that construction is to start in early '06.

Just took another look and found out that a penthouse at the cosmo is selling at $1,750,000.

I just looked on Remax and they are already selling the condos for the Cosmo. It says on the site that construction is to start in early '06.

Just took another look and found out that a penthouse at the cosmo is selling at $1,750,000.

That's great. We're gonna have more buildings starting construction this year than last year.

Hey everyone, I've been viewing this site for awhile and just registered today. I live in the Hecht building on the corner of Duke and Tazewell. It was the first loft conversion in Norfolk. Anyway I have access to great views of downtown and construction so I will be sending pics soon.

I did see that Cosmo418 was listed on here some weeks ago, but has been taken off since. Does anyone know the status of this building? cosmo418.com The architecture is awesome!

Welcome to the forum Marco! :)

edit: Topics merged.

Welcome to the forum, Marco. We look forward to hearing from you again soon and some pics would be much appreciated. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait to see how Cosmo transforms Granby St into an ultra modern district.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I stumbled upon this forum today and I am overwhelmed with joy! We are the owner/developer/architect/creator of Cosmo 418. This project would be considered our firms "baby" and everyday we work harder and harder to make the transition from a vision to a reality! First, we would like to say THANK YOU for your support and great compliments. We have changed the design a little and it is currently undergoing the first phase of approval so you can understand how encouraging and rewarding it is to see comments from citizens welcoming such a dynamic and unique project.

PLEASE, PLEASE keep the comments flowing and I will keep this forum updated on changes throughout this project.

Also, I would like to say a big Thank You to the developers/administrators/moderators for this site and more importantly the Norfolk section. It is a great resource!

Thanks so much! I'm telling you, the feedback that I have read on this forum alone is AWESOME! You can imagine all of the skepticism that we have encountered thus far on this project...

I showed Ahmed Hassan (the owner, creator, and my boss) this forum today and he was like a kid in a candy store.

This project is going to be awesome and Mr. Hassan is really getting into the whole urban development scheme. This is the first project of this nature for him but I don't think it is going to be the last. Ahmed is one of those architects who designs for a healthy balance between function + visual candy.

I certainly hope that we will design more for the urban community. He definitely has a gift when it comes to urban design.

Let me go check and see if I can get the "ok" to unveil the latest rendering...

By the way: MORE COMMENTS REGARDING COSMO 418 ARE ENCOURAGED!!!

okay, now this is cool. Urbanplanet is truly taking off. I dare to say it is surpassing skyscraperpage lol.

Welcome to the forum arcstudio and congratulations on the project. It is good to see other firms besides the mediocre CMSS designing in the region.

Good luck with this project and future projects. I had to move away from the area (to the west coast) to find the architecture schools that fit my creative needs, it is nice to see there are architects in Hampton Roads that is willing to flex their creave designs rather than going by the numbers.

Welcome to the forum! We are very excited to have you discovered us. There is a lot more potential for UP in the community but getting the word out there can be quite challenging. I plan on passing out more pamphlets at an upcoming redevelopment meeting. I find the Cosmo to be something new and exciting and I am very anxious to see the newest renderings for this project!

P.S. Feel free to pass the word about our website!

Can you provide information on the upcoming redevelopment meeting?

Actually this is for the city of Va Beach. They are holding 3 meetings at the libary the 12th, 19th and the 26th where I hope to pass out more pamphlets. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Archived