Cosmo 418

vdogg

No problem! We are just trying to get involved in the urban scheme of things and I suppose in particular for Norfolk at this point.

I have to say I can appreciate the changes in VB. I have recently moved there and I love the increasing urbanization.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem! We are just trying to get involved in the urban scheme of things and I suppose in particular for Norfolk at this point.

I have to say I can appreciate the changes in VB. I have recently moved there and I love the increasing urbanization.

As you can see from my user name and I pro urban development for VB and feel free to post in the VB forum as well. :)

Aww! Thanks! I'll see what I can do. Being the marketing for Arc Studio, I love to promote and share good stuff so I'll do what I can to promote urbanplanet. I have already emailed the site to 3 people and that is just the beginning!

Pictures to come momentarily...

Aww! Thanks! I'll see what I can do. Being the marketing for Arc Studio, I love to promote and share good stuff so I'll do what I can to promote urbanplanet. I have already emailed the site to 3 people and that is just the beginning!

Pictures to come momentarily...

Thank you for the thank you and thanks so much for visiting our site. This is exactly the type developer/community interest we have been seeking since we created the Norfolk forum a little over a year ago. Please feel free to email/pm me any questions or concerns you may have. Welcome to the site and enjoy your stay. :thumbsup:

SideElevation.jpgCosmo418Elevation.jpg

The most recent renderings.

Also, just an update on the project...

It is currently undergoing the first phase of approval from the City...

As far as project progress itself, we are at 95% with the construction documents.

Thanks for these, i'll be sure to add them to the additional renderings section in the Projects and constructions thread. I have your project listed in there so if you see any info I may have gotten incorrect please let me know. It's good to see you guys are so far along in the process, do you know roughly what time you will be able to break ground on this?

Yes the color has changed on the outside as well as the shape of the rooftop.

We are leaning toward a cream color for the outside.

The colors kinda hard to picture from the the sketch, are you guys planning on changing the color of the cpu generated renderings on your site? That may help us to get a better feel/sense for it.

The colors kinda hard to picture from the the sketch, are you guys planning on changing the color of the cpu generated renderings on your site? That may helps to get a better feel/sense for it.

I like the idea of a cream color unique building. It will fit right in with the buildings around it already and it will have even more of a DC esque feel to it with the color.

Btw arcstudio, do you have a height in feet for this project? I already have # of floors listed but I need to add the actual height in feet to the P & C thread as well. I'm adding the new renderings now.

The building is roughly 130ft. Also, please be sure to credit Studio Quattro as part of the conceptual design team. Studio Quattro has been involved in this project from the start, specifically with the unique design. They are Jimmy Stevens, Matt Pearson, Neal O'Neill, AHmed Hassan, AIA. I failed to mention them before and I want to be sure to credit all individuals involved. My apologies!

The building is roughly 130ft. Also, please be sure to credit Studio Quattro as part of the conceptual design team. Studio Quattro has been involved in this project from the start, specifically with the unique design. They are Jimmy Stevens, Matt Pearson, Neal O'Neill, AHmed Hassan, AIA. I failed to mention them before and I want to be sure to credit all individuals involved. My apologies!

Thanks, will do. :thumbsup:

I have an additional question (sorry I have so many) :lol: Do you guys now own, or will you own, the parking lots on each side of the property? I know that constructing this thing on such a small parcel of land is probably gonna be a logistical nightmare. Are you going to use, or will you be able to use a tower crane for construction, or will different methods have to be used? I imagine that even the construction process for this project will be unique in itself. :)

We haven't heard much about this project in a while and now BAM! :)

It's great that you guys have the 'cojones' to buy such a property and build a unique and architecturally bold statement as this.

There are a lot of building that are out there that are just that-buildings. But the lot you bought was definatley a blank canvas to create a piece of art!- not just another building.

I'd love to see more steel/brick/glass artwork rising up around here.

We haven't heard much about this project in a while and now BAM! :)

It's great that you guys have the 'cojones' to buy such a property and build a unique and architecturally bold statement as this.

There are a lot of building that are out there that are just that-buildings. But the lot you bought was definatley a blank canvas to create a piece of art!- not just another building.

I'd love to see more steel/brick/glass artwork rising up around here.

Im jimmy stevens, one of the Studio Quatro guys and the one responsible for the 3D images. I think Amed is trying to invent a crane just for this project. Any engineers out there who are interested in throwing ideas at him should should do so. Ahmed does not own the adjacent parking lots, but that wont slow him down. I wouldnt be suprised to see him climb the building himself with steel strapped to his back if he has to. Its great to see all this chatter. Ahmed and his team have been excited about this for some time and I cant wait to move in and be able to walk to work. I wish we had more developer/architects like him in our region. Below is a link to one of the older renderings we did last year...its kinda cool though.

http://dropshots.com/day.php?userid=77811&...06&ctime=161018

okay, now I wanna see this crane or how its going to be constructed. It sounds like that will be a work of art in itself. I am not only happy to see such creative architecture going up on one of my favorite streets in Norfolk, but to see such dedication and love from the design team that is in this project.

As an architecture student, it excites me to see people in the profession have such excitement about their city they are working in as well as the projects they are bringing to the city. I do hope to see you guys doing more urban work for Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and the rest of the region. That area really needs more architects with this kind of passion for its region and its improvements.

That in city computer image of the building looks amazing. I am gonna be so excited when I go back to visit my hometown.

Im jimmy stevens, one of the Studio Quatro guys and the one responsible for the 3D images. I think Amed is trying to invent a crane just for this project. Any engineers out there who are interested in throwing ideas at him should should do so. Ahmed does not own the adjacent parking lots, but that wont slow him down. I wouldnt be suprised to see him climb the building himself with steel strapped to his back if he has to. Its great to see all this chatter. Ahmed and his team have been excited about this for some time and I cant wait to move in and be able to walk to work. I wish we had more developer/architects like him in our region. Below is a link to one of the older renderings we did last year...its kinda cool though.

http://dropshots.com/day.php?userid=77811&...06&ctime=161018

There is a crane, designed specifically for construction in tight urban spaces, that basically goes up with the building as you constuct it. I will try to find a pic and the name of it here in a bit. It would likely be the first time a crane such as this would have to be used in Norfolk for construction of a building but it is farely common in far larger cities such as New York where density is an issue.

Favco%20LuffingTower%20Crane.jpg

Here you go. It's called a luffing tower crane, and due to it's unique range of motion would probably be ideal for your site. You likely wouldn't have to worry about securing airights over adjacent propertys because the boom does not extend horizontally over those sites but rather vertically over yours.

Archived