Cosmo 418

vdogg

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thsi might also work. I'll keep looking though.

Konig%20On%20Sidewalk%20Stand%20326%20X%20448.jpg

Company info.

Actually, that's the type I wanted to show them, it's a different version of the same crane that actually sits atop the building. As the base of the building goes up the crane goes up with it. Of course your engineers will have to work out the details but it seems that this is more than likely the best crane in existence for your purposes.

Im jimmy stevens, one of the Studio Quatro guys and the one responsible for the 3D images. I think Amed is trying to invent a crane just for this project. Any engineers out there who are interested in throwing ideas at him should should do so. Ahmed does not own the adjacent parking lots, but that wont slow him down. I wouldnt be suprised to see him climb the building himself with steel strapped to his back if he has to. Its great to see all this chatter. Ahmed and his team have been excited about this for some time and I cant wait to move in and be able to walk to work. I wish we had more developer/architects like him in our region. Below is a link to one of the older renderings we did last year...its kinda cool though.

http://dropshots.com/day.php?userid=77811&...06&ctime=161018

That's a valuable rendering because it shows that most of the building will be visible from the street. That wasn't too clear from the others that I've seen. I was afraid that the brick walls and those nice, square windows might not be visible because of the narrowness of the site. It's going to look really interesting; I especially like the contrast between the front and side facades.

I just reread an old article from Inside Business that said your Mr. Hassan was trying to work with Norfolk to design new schools and other public architecture. Is there any word on whether the city is interested? It would be amazing to see some really innovative, high-quality designs for our new central library, courts building and other major public developments in the works - especially if the design is locally produced! Also, does ARC Stuidio have any renderings available online of other concepts and designs in their portfolio?

I just reread an old article from Inside Business that said your Mr. Hassan was trying to work with Norfolk to design new schools and other public architecture. Is there any word on whether the city is interested? It would be amazing to see some really innovative, high-quality designs for our new central library, courts building and other major public developments in the works - especially if the design is locally produced! Also, does ARC Stuidio have any renderings available online of other concepts and designs in their portfolio?

I found their website but it does not look like it has been updated since 1998.

http://www.arcdesigngroup.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you guys know this project is still a go. They are having some easement problems for the back of the property. It seems that its owned by several people and that has been the slow down. They should have it all squared away in the next 30-60 days.

Recently, a friend of mine sat in on a meeting with the developer when they were going through floor plan changes. I heard that the city "requested" the building be lower than originally planned and that they weren't too happy with the "modern design".

Recently, a friend of mine sat in on a meeting with the developer when they were going through floor plan changes. I heard that the city "requested" the building be lower than originally planned and that they weren't too happy with the "modern design".

Did he give a reason for why the city requested a height reduction?

they weren't too happy with the "modern design".

Honestly, that irritates me to no end. Must Norfolk have every building designed as contemporary architecture? I wish they'd see the light on this. If Norfolk is ever going to be seen as a modern, cosmopolitan city we have to become more accepting of diversity and change. Even in our architecture.

Honestly, that irritates me to no end. Must Norfolk have every building designed as contemporary architecture? I wish they'd see the light on this. If Norfolk is ever going to be seen as a modern, cosmopolitan city we have to become more accepting of diversity and change. Even in our architecture.

I agree. I understand that there are certain criteria that are set in place for the safety of society but this project is key to the urbanization of Norfolk. I think about the arrival of a light rail system and this building will certainly accompany that urban feel.

Even though the height has been adjusted, the building is still aesthetically dynamic.

Another thing I think about is the amount of attention that this building will receive from news and press when it is being constructed and also after it is built. I have researched buildings of this nature throughout the U.S. and they are few and far between so I know it will create a stir. Overall, it will BRING mass attention and more imporanttly,it will bring revenue.

I just envision the expressions on pedestrians faces when they pass by 418 Granby...

We tweaked the rooftop garden which made it much more "funky-fresh" according to our architect (not many changes though). We ended up making it 8 floors when it is all said and done.

No worries!!! It is still very much the same, just a little bit of tweaking.

Archived